Create a virtual cube from two cubes with different time dimensions(levels)

Create a virtual cube from two cubes with different time dimensions(levels)

Post by annel » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

We have two cubes:
1. Cube 1 has a time dimension with the levels year-month
2. Cube 2 has a time dimension with the levels year-month-day

We want to create a virtual cube from these two cubes. We tried to create a
new shared time dimension Year-Month-Day and changed the member property
"Disabled" of the Day level to true when using the dimension in Cube 1. But
the aggregated sum of the measure at the Month level in the cube is still
wrong. Does anyone know how the property "Disabled" is supposed to work?

Disabled means - "Determines whether the level is disabled. Disabled levels
are not available in the cube. They are used when the most detailed level of
data is not available in the fact table"..

We can fix this in the fact table behind Cube 1 (add the day 01 to every
time member), but we would like to do it in the cube.

Any suggestions?

/Anneli

Create a virtual cube from two cubes with different time dimensions(levels)

Post by George Spoffor » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Are these two different dimensions in the base cubes, or is it just one
shared dimension that has the day level disabled in Cube 1.  If it is
just one time dimension with the day level disabled in Cube 1 and
enabled in Cube 2, then there should be no problem. If they are two
separate time dimensions, what reason is there to not make them one
single time dimension. Disabling a level in a cube just means "make the
next level up be the level that a fact table connects to this cube."

--
George Spofford
DSS Lab

http://www.dsslab.com

1. How to integrate three cubes into a virtual cube two at a time

I have three cubes cubes that i need to integrate into one cube:
Cube 1 is ActualLoads with Dimensions LoadsDate, Customer  and Measures
loadh1, loadh2 and so on until loadh24
Cube 2 is ForecastedLoads with Dimensions ForecastDate, Customer  and
Measures loadh1, loadh2 and so on until loadh24
Cube 3 is Schedule that has Dimensions ScheduleDate, ScheduleHour and
Customer and Measures Scheduled Amount, Payback Amount

I need to have a new cube that has one of its dimensions either ActualLoads
or Forecastloads and shows the loadh1, loadh2 .....loadh24 for either
forecast or actual oads against the Scheduledate, Schedulehour and Customer
dimensions of the Schedule cube.

Can this be done using virtual cubes or do i need alternative approach?

Thanks for your time.

2. rootdbspace

3. Creating A Virtual Cube Over Two Other Cubes

4. Sybase and Powersoft European User Conference

5. Writeback into upper levels of source cube through virtual cube

6. MCDBA looking for a job in Toronto (1)

7. Virtual Cube - measures from two member cubes results in outer join

8. Replication Help!!!!

9. virtual cube joining cubes with different datasource

10. Custom Rollups in Virtual Cube Dimension Levels

11. Creating a Virtual Cube based on a slice of another cube

12. Blank members appear in local cube created from virtual cube

13. create local cube from a virtual cube