installing full-text search for sql 7.0

Post by Jim Erwi » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 04:52:25

Okay, I just discovered that I don't have the full-text search installed on
the SQL server 7.0 box I've been using.  I haven't needed it til now, so it
hasn't been an issue, but now... I need it.

If I install the full-text search engine on the Sql Server, will it have to
have the service pack re-installed afterwards, and if so, will it be able to
detect the parts that have already had the service pack applied?  I just
remember the service pack installs taking quite awhile and I'm trying to get
an idea of the amount of time I'll have to make the sql server unavailable
to do this.

regards,

Jim Erwin

installing full-text search for sql 7.0

Post by Hilary Cotte » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 23:46:30

regretably I think you will have to apply the SP again
after installing FTS.  It should take less time than the
first time though.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Okay, I just discovered that I don't have the full-text
search installed on
>the SQL server 7.0 box I've been using.  I haven't needed
it til now, so it
>hasn't been an issue, but now... I need it.

>If I install the full-text search engine on the Sql

Server, will it have to
Quote:>have the service pack re-installed afterwards, and if so,
will it be able to
>detect the parts that have already had the service pack
applied?  I just
>remember the service pack installs taking quite awhile

and I'm trying to get
>an idea of the amount of time I'll have to make the sql
server unavailable
>to do this.

>regards,

>Jim Erwin

>.

installing full-text search for sql 7.0

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 05:28:40

and it wont affect the FT catalogs...i.e there will be no need to rebuild
them

Dinesh.

1. difference between SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000 full-text search

I've noticed a difference between SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000
full-text search.  In a text field that contains:

... <TITLE>Microsoft</TITLE>  ...

SQL Server 7.0 will but SQL Server 2000 will not return a result for the
following queries:

select * from table where contains(text_field, 'Microsoft') or
select * from table where contains(text_field, '"Microsoft"')

My 'default full-text language'  setting is for US english.
exec sp_configure 'default full-text language'
shows
default full-text language          0           2147483647  1033
1033

It appears that language neutral full-text is implicitly turned on for SQL
Server 2000 because adding the <TITLE> start and end tags to the search
string will return a result for SQL Server 2000.

Steve

2. Web Site

3. SQL 7.0 and full text searching

4. Setting up a recurring job schedule on local package

5. SQL 7.0 and Full Text Search Engine

6. 13750-WA-SEATTLE-MS SQL Server-ORACLE-ORACLE Tools-FOXPRO-DB2-SYBASE-MS Access-Developer

7. Full-text search with clustered SQL 7.0 SP1

8. Timestamp as Unique Identifier

9. Need help with Full text search indexes in MS SQL 7.0

10. combined full text search, SQL 7.0 and index server

11. SQL 7.0 Full Text Search and Highlighting

12. SQL 7 Full-Text Search on desktop install

13. SQL 7.0 Full text search international character support