How to install Ent. Mgr. only on Win98 Client PC

How to install Ent. Mgr. only on Win98 Client PC

Post by debbiep11.. » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

We have SQL 7.0, and I would like to install the
Enterprise Manager on WIN 98 client PC.  Using
the install CD, it says can't install server on
this pc, will only install client..  (that's
fine), I hit OK to continue.. After the install
is complete (standard edition), I reboot the PC
and the PC tries to dial the internet right after
booting, it can't get a connection, so I cancel
the process and then the PC actually shuts off!!
If we attach a modem, it dials some number and
then we can get into the Ent Mgr. Microsoft says
there's a registry entry to remove for this auto
dialing related to MSDTC, but it's not in our
regsitry, also, if we install the program without
checking the MS DTC option, we get the same error
when trying to start the enterprise manager.
And we noticed that it tries to dial when you go
into Ent. Mgr. and click on the server.
HELP!?
Is anyone running Enterprise Manager from a
client?  It worked in 6.5 on this same PC!!
How can I make it work?  What is trying to dial?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

How to install Ent. Mgr. only on Win98 Client PC

Post by Gert Draper » Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Choose Custom install and deselect the server components, keep client
connectivity and the tools you need.
There is no fast track client install in 7.0

-GertD

1. sql ent mgr on win98

Is there a way to run SQL Server Enterprise Manager on a windows 98 machine?
If not is there a way to "reverse display" from the NT box to the win98 box?

BTW - When I do try to run mmc.exe ( sql ent mgr ) I get a message about
unicode only
available on NT.

Thanks,
Eric

2. JDBC commit() not working?

3. ent msgr can see dbases but query from inside ent mgr can't

4. link to oracle server

5. Ent Mgr on client makes NT logon attempts problem to server

6. insert blob into long (oracle 8)

7. SQL Server super slow when Novell Client For Netware is installed on client PC

8. need help with code

9. Installing SQL 7 on a Win98 PC

10. Error when installing SQL2000 on Client Machine (Win98)