Upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

Post by Jaso » Wed, 09 May 2001 04:58:05

I'm trying to upgrade from SQL Server 6.5 (service pack 5a) to SQL Server 2000 on
an NT 4.0 (service pack 5) box, and I am getting the following error message:

value is not NULL".  I queried the servername variable myself, and it comes back
with the correct server name, so the value is NOT null.  Has anyone seen anything
simular to this?

Thanks!
Jason

Upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

Post by RB » Wed, 09 May 2001 14:22:36

Hi Jason,

If you changed them recently have you rebooted your machine after changing
them ? (got this stuff from BOL)

These are my queries regarding upgradation from 6.5 to 2000
 I want to upgrade  6.5 server on one computer (A)  to sql 2000 on a
different computer(B) .
I already have SQL 2000 installed on machine B with one user database. My
doubts are --
1. Can I upgrade my 6.5 database on the same server which already has one
user database ?
2. If I installed another server as a named instance on the same machine (B)
and try to upgrade 6.5 database on this instance, will upgrade wizard
recognise it ?

Any Help is appreciated !

I'm trying to upgrade from SQL Server 6.5 (service pack 5a) to SQL Server
2000 on
an NT 4.0 (service pack 5) box, and I am getting the following error
message:

value is not NULL".  I queried the servername variable myself, and it comes
back
with the correct server name, so the value is NOT null.  Has anyone seen
anything
simular to this?

Thanks!
Jason

1. SQL Upgrade Wizard 6.5 to 2000 fails -- HELP!!

I get an error stating on an NT server box:
"Neither DSN nor SERVER keyword supplied. Invalid connection string
attribute"
And this msg comes up next:

Please make sure this value is not NULL."

computer is identical.
The error seems to come up after providing the 'sa' passwords and
selecting the export server.  The status box says "Restarting
MSSQLserver service" when the error occurs.
I have tried to reinstall 2000.

I cannot figure this out or find any information on it.
PLEASE HELP!!!

2. CREATING A/C FROM SQL SERVER TO SOLARIS UNIX

3. ASP/ODBC Couldn't Lock File

4. Upgrading from 6.5 to 2000

5. Multiple selection in DBList?

6. upgrade sqlserver 6.5 to 2000 hangs during preparing sql-dmo

7. pgsql/src/makefiles (Makefile.darwin)

8. Upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

9. Upgrading SQL 6.5 to 2000

10. procedure on how to upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

11. Upgrade from 6.5 to 2000