Error: [DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()) ???

Error: [DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()) ???

Post by Eugen F » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 04:14:26

Hi,

is it possible to export a sql-database with the DTS-Export-Assistent from
one server
to another ? I'll always get following error:

[DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Did anybody know what that means and what i'm doing wrong ?

thanks

nice greets - Eugen from germany

Error: [DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()) ???

Post by Pat Phela » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:30:41

Your client configuration is set to use the Named Pipes protocol.  The source server can not "see" the destination server using the Named Pipes protocol.

I'd suggest that you use the SQL Client Configuration utility (on the source server) to change the default client protocol.  I'd suggest changing to TCP/IP, but there may be other, more productive choices.

-PatP

Please post DDL at the very least, and DML when possible to make it easier for people to help you.

Please reply only via newsgroups, as I rarely reply to email.

1. [dbnmpntw]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()). Error

I am running IIS 3.0 and when I access my datasource through an idc file, I
get the following error:

?[State=08001][Error=1385][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][dbnmpntw]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).
?[State=01000][Error=1385][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][dbnmpntw]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).

(I am running SQL 6.5 on the same machine as IIS)

The IDC file is as follows:

Datasource: Guest (Note: This dsn works via MS Query so that's set up OK)
Username: sa
Password:
Expires: 2
Template: view.htx
SQLStatement:
+SELECT DISTINCT Counter, FirstName, LastName, Company, Email, Homepage,
Comment
+FROM Guests
+ORDER BY Guests.Counter DESC;

I presume there is some sort of permission or user name problem between IIS
and SQL, but I haven't had any luck finding exactly what. Any ideas?

2. Multiple Address books, how to

3. [dbnmpntw]Connection Open (CreateFile)) error 4 ???

4. Table design - Need Help pls.

5. SQL Server replication problem - ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()) Error

6. How many patches are there so far?

7. Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

8. Local Connection

9. What Causes : Error: ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()) ?

10. ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()) error

11. SQL Server replication problem - ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()) Error

12. ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).. error

13. Error: ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())