My textarea form field will not update my stored proc text field

My textarea form field will not update my stored proc text field

Post by CyberSpide » Sat, 12 May 2001 02:25:43

I Have a stored proc called savenotes which allows the user to update a note
field with new
information.
1. I read the PROBLEM field from my table COMP_TASKS table (the field
datatype is TEXT)
2. I display the field on a form in html and allow the user to edit this
form field called NOTES
3. On submit I call the ASP code listed below which executes the stored proc
SAVENOTES which is also listed below,

I want put in the PROBLEM field.
4. I am not generating any errors but the data is not being saved

PLEASE HELP

============================== ASP code calling stored proc SAVENOTES
Dim CmdSP,RetVal,Rs,PrtDate,con
Dim adCmdSPStoredProc,adParamReturnValue
Dim adParaminput,adParamOutput,adVarChar
adCmdSPStoredProc = 4
adParamReturnValue = 4
adParaminput = 1
adParamOutput = 2
adVarChar = 200
adInteger = 3
set CmdSP = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
CmdSP.ActiveConnection = Application("MyConnection")
CmdSP.CommandText = "SaveNotes"
CmdSP.CommandType = adCmdspStoredProc
cmdsp.Parameters.Append cmdsp.CreateParameter("return", adInteger,
adParamReturnValue,4)

adParaminput,7,Request.Form("tt"))

adParaminput,8000,Request.Form("notes"))
CmdSP.execute
============================== Stored Procedure SAVENOTES

As
update comp_tasks

return
============================== SQL TABLE COMP_TASKS

If Exists (Select * From sysobjects Where name = N'comp_tasks' And
user_name(uid) = N'dbo')
 Drop Table dbo.comp_tasks
Go

Create Table dbo.comp_tasks
 (
 WO_NUM numeric(18, 0) Not Null Identity (1000000, 1),
 PROBLEM text Null,
 SOLUTION text Null,
 )
Go
Alter Table dbo.comp_tasks Add Constraint
 PK_comp_tasks Primary Key Nonclustered
 (
 WO_NUM
 )
Go

1. from html form textarea to sybase text type field problem

Hi, there,

I'm using JConnect5.5 from sybase to collect text input from a textarea
of a html
form than insert it into a text type field in a sybase table by
PreparedStatement.

The problem heppans when the input contains multipal lines (with line
wrap or carrige returns) the inserted result turns out as
"?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????..."

It seems the line wraps is the root of this problem so I tried to change
the wrap attribute of the textarea but got the same results.

Any clues?

Merry X'mas and happy New Year.

2. tape format err

3. REPOST: from html form textarea to sybase text type field problem

4. Searching Within Results

5. from html form textarea to text type field problem

6. SQLREDIS.EXE appears to do nothing

7. TextArea field not displaying text

8. I get error btrieve 204 ! Get me Example for test on my PC !

9. HOWTO PASS A FORM TEXTAREA TO A STORED PROC

10. Problem with updating from TEXT field into TEXT field

11. Text upload from TEXTAREA to BLOB field.

12. </TEXTAREA> in text datatype field

13. Problem retrieving TEXT field in a stored proc