Multiple database

Post by Rama » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi  all,
             Is it possible to update multiple remote databases over
TCP/IP from single
 ASP page ?. The databases are not under single network.

Thanks an regards
Ram

Multiple database

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Rama - I see no reason why not as long as you can put code in for multiple
DSN's on the same page

Quote:>              Is it possible to update multiple remote databases over
> TCP/IP from single
>  ASP page ?. The databases are not under single network.

> Thanks an regards
> Ram

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (374 Entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

Multiple database

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Ram - it is better to use names and resolve them in NT via hosts/wins/DNS.
Hard-coding IP addresses is rarely a good idea - plus older versions of ODBC
drivers don't understand them anyway

Quote:>       Is it possible to mention the IP address in DSN, because the databases
> are not
> under one network.. How to do this?

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (374 Entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

Multiple database

Post by Ram » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi ,

      Is it possible to mention the IP address in DSN, because the databases
are not
under one network.. How to do this?

Thanks and regards
Ram

> Rama - I see no reason why not as long as you can put code in for multiple
> DSN's on the same page

> >              Is it possible to update multiple remote databases over
> > TCP/IP from single
> >  ASP page ?. The databases are not under single network.

> > Thanks an regards
> > Ram

>  Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
>  (Please reply only to newsgroups)
>  SQL FAQ (374 Entries) see

>  or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
>  or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. Multiple database - multiple query - multiple server

Hello,
        I know that queries across multiple databases are in TODO list
Does it mean that databases can be on multiple servers (postmasters) and
that update,insert,delete across multiple databases are possible.

Thanks

2. bit datatype exporterd as True/False

3. Multiple Databases vs. Multiple Tables

4. MSS and AS400

5. Multiple Tables v Multiple Databases

6. tableDef Objects with ADO

7. Multiple Databases/Multiple Servers

8. updating multiple databases on multiple servers with DTC

9. Multiple Databases on Multiple Servers?

10. HELP! Multiple Databases/Multiple Servers Access