Restoring a database, fails with database not published

Restoring a database, fails with database not published

Post by mar » Thu, 23 May 2002 21:32:07

I am trying to restore an SqlSvr7 database onto SqlSvr2000., but this
fails right at the end of teh restore with a message database not
published.

The original database is part of a published system involving 2 Sql7
db servers for backup and contingency etc, both running Nt 4. The
restore server is a single Sql2000 server running on Win2k

To try and get round this I created a database on my 2000 server,
published this ( after creating a single table so that it would work )
and then restored over the top of the database. I got the same fail
message of not published ?

Any thoughts appreciated.