- Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error

- Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error

Post by Carl Jackso » Mon, 14 Aug 2000 04:00:00



When trying to 'Return All Rows' from any table (from inside the Enterprise
Manager) I get this error:

<error message>
An unexpected error happened during this operation.

[Query] - Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error
</error message>

I'm using pcAnywhere to connect to the server.  I am not the admin but have
admin rights and permissions.  I do not know if a SP has been recently
installed on SQL 7.0.  Could this be the problem?  How do I find out which
SP has been installed?  Query Designer works fine.  I need to be able to add
data to the tables using the Enterprise Manager for testing purposes.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Carl Jackson

 
 
 

- Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error

Post by A Glase » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00


Hi,

We're getting the same errror here. Using the query analyzer to return
essentially the same data as a "return all rows" would, we don't get the
error. We found that restarting the server causes the error to go away, but
it reappears after a few days. This is unacceptable as the 5-10 minutes it
takes for the server to come back is not fast enough in our mission critical
environment. I couldn't find a fix on technet.micro..com.

Does nayone know what is wrong?

Thanks,
Aylon Glaser


>When trying to 'Return All Rows' from any table (from inside the Enterprise
>Manager) I get this error:

><error message>
>An unexpected error happened during this operation.

>[Query] - Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error
></error message>

>I'm using pcAnywhere to connect to the server.  I am not the admin but have
>admin rights and permissions.  I do not know if a SP has been recently
>installed on SQL 7.0.  Could this be the problem?  How do I find out which
>SP has been installed?  Query Designer works fine.  I need to be able to
add
>data to the tables using the Enterprise Manager for testing purposes.

>Any help would be much appreciated!

>Thanks,
>Carl Jackson


 
 
 

- Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error

Post by webm.. » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00


We are also experiencing this error, also connecting with pcanywhere.
It was working fine for many months, today I tired it, and it doesn't
work!



> Hi,

> We're getting the same errror here. Using the query analyzer to return
> essentially the same data as a "return all rows" would, we don't get
the
> error. We found that restarting the server causes the error to go
away, but
> it reappears after a few days. This is unacceptable as the 5-10
minutes it
> takes for the server to come back is not fast enough in our mission
critical
> environment. I couldn't find a fix on technet.micro..com.

> Does nayone know what is wrong?

> Thanks,
> Aylon Glaser


> >When trying to 'Return All Rows' from any table (from inside the
Enterprise
> >Manager) I get this error:

> ><error message>
> >An unexpected error happened during this operation.

> >[Query] - Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error
> ></error message>

> >I'm using pcAnywhere to connect to the server.  I am not the admin
but have
> >admin rights and permissions.  I do not know if a SP has been
recently
> >installed on SQL 7.0.  Could this be the problem?  How do I find out
which
> >SP has been installed?  Query Designer works fine.  I need to be
able to
> add
> >data to the tables using the Enterprise Manager for testing purposes.

> >Any help would be much appreciated!

> >Thanks,
> >Carl Jackson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

- Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error

Post by coolguy.. » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00


I hate to say it, but I am experiencing the same problem. I am unable
to restart my box so I am stuck right now.



> We are also experiencing this error, also connecting with pcanywhere.
> It was working fine for many months, today I tired it, and it doesn't
> work!



> > Hi,

> > We're getting the same errror here. Using the query analyzer to
return
> > essentially the same data as a "return all rows" would, we don't get
> the
> > error. We found that restarting the server causes the error to go
> away, but
> > it reappears after a few days. This is unacceptable as the 5-10
> minutes it
> > takes for the server to come back is not fast enough in our mission
> critical
> > environment. I couldn't find a fix on technet.micro..com.

> > Does nayone know what is wrong?

> > Thanks,
> > Aylon Glaser


> > >When trying to 'Return All Rows' from any table (from inside the
> Enterprise
> > >Manager) I get this error:

> > ><error message>
> > >An unexpected error happened during this operation.

> > >[Query] - Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified
error
> > ></error message>

> > >I'm using pcAnywhere to connect to the server.  I am not the admin
> but have
> > >admin rights and permissions.  I do not know if a SP has been
> recently
> > >installed on SQL 7.0.  Could this be the problem?  How do I find
out
> which
> > >SP has been installed?  Query Designer works fine.  I need to be
> able to
> > add
> > >data to the tables using the Enterprise Manager for testing
purposes.

> > >Any help would be much appreciated!

> > >Thanks,
> > >Carl Jackson

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

- Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error

Post by Larry Jone » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:29:18


 I'm also using SQL 7 and I ran into the same problem with the local
Enterprise Manager not being able to open tables using 'Return all rows' or
using 'Return Top...'.  Enterprise Manager on another computer works fine
when opening the same tables.  I tried to install SQL 7 Service Pack 2(SP2)
to see if that would fix the problem.
 The SP2 installation did not complete successfully.  It seemed to update
the database engine but failed when trying to run some scripts.  The error
message I got was "Error running script: upgrade.sql(1)".  I clicked OK and
the installation seemed like it was trying to continue for a few (15?)
seconds before another dialog box appeared with the message "An error
occurred when running the upgrade to your server.".  I click the OK button
and the installation is finished.
 Enterprise Manager now is able to open the tables.  I wonder if the problem
is going to come back like it did in Aylon Glaser's installation.  Also, the

 Is my server stable right now with a "partial" install of SP2?  Does anyone
know why the SP2 installation did not complete successfully?  Someone did
install IIS on the SQL server machine at some point.  Could that have broken
Enterprise Manager?


> I hate to say it, but I am experiencing the same problem. I am unable
> to restart my box so I am stuck right now.



> > We are also experiencing this error, also connecting with pcanywhere.
> > It was working fine for many months, today I tired it, and it doesn't
> > work!



> > > Hi,

> > > We're getting the same errror here. Using the query analyzer to
> return
> > > essentially the same data as a "return all rows" would, we don't get
> > the
> > > error. We found that restarting the server causes the error to go
> > away, but
> > > it reappears after a few days. This is unacceptable as the 5-10
> > minutes it
> > > takes for the server to come back is not fast enough in our mission
> > critical
> > > environment. I couldn't find a fix on technet.micro..com.

> > > Does nayone know what is wrong?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Aylon Glaser


> > > >When trying to 'Return All Rows' from any table (from inside the
> > Enterprise
> > > >Manager) I get this error:

> > > ><error message>
> > > >An unexpected error happened during this operation.

> > > >[Query] - Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified
> error
> > > ></error message>

> > > >I'm using pcAnywhere to connect to the server.  I am not the admin
> > but have
> > > >admin rights and permissions.  I do not know if a SP has been
> > recently
> > > >installed on SQL 7.0.  Could this be the problem?  How do I find
> out
> > which
> > > >SP has been installed?  Query Designer works fine.  I need to be
> > able to
> > > add
> > > >data to the tables using the Enterprise Manager for testing
> purposes.

> > > >Any help would be much appreciated!

> > > >Thanks,
> > > >Carl Jackson

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

1. Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error,

Hello All,
I get the following error massage when I try to open a database table to
view data on SQL7 (SBS4.5)enterprise manager. It seem to me, even have this
error, the database still working. The application connecte to that table
still run.

"An unexpected error happened during this operation
Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error".

anyone know what is wrong ?? please help!!!

Thank you very much
Ben

2. <No Subject Supplied>

3. Query designer encountered a Query Error: Unspecified Error

4. VB vs. C++ when using SQL

5. Query Designer encountered a Query error: Unspecified error

6. Oracle JDBC: Invalid value stored in pcbValue << HUH?

7. Query designer encountered a query error

8. Oracle 7.3.4 Solaris table coruption

9. Query Designer encountered a Query error

10. Query Designer encountered a Query error.

11. query designer encounter a query error

12. Query Designer encountered a Query error

13. Query designer encountered a query error