snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

Post by NiuTianru » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:20:41

I have created the publishers and distributor on the NT Server run SQL
Server 7.0. This server have a static internet IP.

Then I created a pull subscribers on the Windows 2000 server run SQL Server
2000. This server connect the distributor server through internet. But when
I start the snapshot agent on the distributor, the agent show failed, and
the Action message is "Another snapshot agent for the publication is
running.".

I open the jobs,  the REPL-Snapshot job have 3 step, the third step is
"Detect nonlogged agent shutdown", this step is failed.

How to slave the problem ? Thanks a lot.

1. Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

Hi,
We have a transaction replication on SQL 7.0.
Snapshot agent is failing with the following error
Another snapshot agent for the publication is running.

I have tried restarting SQL server . Did not help.
I have created a new article in Pubs database and ran the snapshot agent. Got the same error.
There is no snapshot.exe process.
sp_who2 does not show any snapshot agent process.

What could be the problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kumar

2. Porting SQL Server Table structures

3. Another snapshot agent for the publication is running.

4. VB to AS400, MVS/VSAM

5. another snapshot agent for the publication is running

6. Please Help! "RECV SLEEP" status

7. Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

8. Wanted to share success with low cost outsourcing services

9. another snapshot agent for the publication is running

10. Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

11. Error while running Snapshot Agent

12. Replication error (Snapshot agent won't run)

13. snapshot agent not exist on publication