Selecting witch recordset to return

Post by Radek Pospisi » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have a stored procedure with many statements. When using OLE DB I need to
cycle through all returned record sets (even for INSERTs) to reach the last
one (on the client). Is there any way to explicitly set which recordset to
return ?

ex.:

CREATE PROCEDURE Test AS
SELECT * FROM ...
INSERT INTO ....
SELECT * FROM ...

I am interested only in the last recordset.

1. Limit Number of Recordset Return from SELECT statement

Is there a way to limit or set the number of recordsets return from the
SELECT LIKE statement?
We have a hugh database contains more than a million rows.  When we perform
a SELECT LIKE query, it will return numerous recordsets and yet people may
find the solution within top 20 recordsets.
Due to the SELECT LIKE statement search through the entire database, it
will take a long long time to get the result.  All the SELECT LIKE
statements fields have index associate with it.  It still takes forever.
We were thinking to limit the number of recordsets return could help the
performance.  Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

2. t?st

3. Empty recordset returned when selecting on a recently inserted record

4. record copy function

5. SELECT, Then UPDATE, and still return a recordset

6. CT-Stamford-Oracle Developer-PL, SQL, Forms.

7. Empty recordset returned when selecting on a recently inserted record

8. Drive Compression On Server?

9. Limit Number of Recordset Return from SELECT statement

10. No Recordset returned with INSERT and SELECT

11. SELECT returns different recordsets in different tools?!

12. Select query returns an empty recordset

13. Non-Select Query returns Invalid RecordSet using ADO