scheduled back-ups

Post by Rosi Carpente » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I am a new to sql server and am having a bit of trouble. Scheduled back-ups
do not seems to run. They work fine if I choose back-up/restore  but not as
scheduled. The executive service is started as "sa". I am using standard
security. I don't get any error messages, presumably because it doesn't
start at all.
Any ideas, anyone?
TIA.

scheduled back-ups

Post by Goran Stevanovi » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I am a new to sql server and am having a bit of trouble. Scheduled back-ups
>do not seems to run. They work fine if I choose back-up/restore  but not as
>scheduled. The executive service is started as "sa". I am using standard
>security. I don't get any error messages, presumably because it doesn't
>start at all.

Hi Rosi,
do you mean they simply don't start at all? Check if they are enabled,
because it is possible for them to be defined but not enabled...

Regards,
Goran

scheduled back-ups

Post by Francis Stanisc » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Have you checked the SQL Error log?

> Hi,

> I am a new to sql server and am having a bit of trouble. Scheduled back-ups
> do not seems to run. They work fine if I choose back-up/restore  but not as
> scheduled. The executive service is started as "sa". I am using standard
> security. I don't get any error messages, presumably because it doesn't
> start at all.
> Any ideas, anyone?
> TIA.

scheduled back-ups

Post by ExisNe » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Are they listed in the scheduled tasks? Please post or send your task
detail.

Steve Jones

1. Schedule Backup in MSDE

Hi,

Is there a way to schedule the backup process using the MSDE. I would like
to create a *.dat file (complete backup) every night. I know that I could
schedule this with SQL Server but with MSDE?

Alternatively, has anybody got any ideas to work around this problem?

Michael

2. ??????~ ??~!~!~!

3. scheduling backups...

4. FM 3.0 runtime on Win2K?

5. Scheduling backup on SQL Server

6. OPTION (KEEPFIXED PLAN)

7. Preventing a scheduled backup from running ...

8. Delete Row in a Unbound DBGRID

9. Scheduled backup of OLAP databases

10. Schedule Backups

11. SCHEDULE backup to a network device?

12. Scheduled backup problem