burn data on CD

Post by ken » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:41:47

HI All
I have a db with 5 year data. I want to save space by
burning the first 3 years data on CD and leave the last 2
years data on db (production). Can I create a removable db
using CD to keep the first 3 year data so at any time
anyone want to access this data they can do it on CD? Does
anyone know how to do it?

Cheers
Ken

burn data on CD

Post by Jono Indrawijay » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:06:40

Check this out on Books On-Line : sp_create_removable
Remarks
If you want to make a copy of your database on removable media (such as a
compact disc) and distribute the database to other users, use this stored
procedure.

--
Hope it helps :)
Regards,

Quote:> HI All
> I have a db with 5 year data. I want to save space by
> burning the first 3 years data on CD and leave the last 2
> years data on db (production). Can I create a removable db
> using CD to keep the first 3 year data so at any time
> anyone want to access this data they can do it on CD? Does
> anyone know how to do it?

> Cheers
> Ken

1. Burning a SQL Server2000 Datawarehouse on to a CD

Hi, I need some help.
I have an Access database (full of test data) that i want to use for
data warehousing and mining on SQL SErver 2000. I have one
Computer/system with the database and the data warehouse (Star schema
and everything) built on that computer.

Now, i want to copy the whole DATa Warehouse on to  a CD, so that i
can use it to give a demo at my client's place.

What is this procedure called?
Is it even possible ?

I looked up on the book online section of SQL Server2000 and i found
the following procedures:
1. Attach and detach a database
2. Backing up and restoring database(on any disk or directory).
3. Archiving and restoring data.

Which of these can be used to burn a CD?

Tjhanks for your Help

2. Migration

3. How-to burn oracle CD

4. What is OLAP

5. Burning PA downloads to CD

6. JOBS! - us-ia sr sybase database analyst $50-68.txt(1/1)

7. burning a solution on a a CD

8. corrupt tables

9. cross-platform CD burn

10. Burning CD converts Solution to Read Only!!

11. CD-ROM burning problem...

12. Is there any database working with CD-ROM(CD-R,CD-RW)

13. Using CD-R,CD-RW as Backup Device in Sql Server