Immediate updating subscriber can't update!

Immediate updating subscriber can't update!

Post by Joann L. Cabantin » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I've setup transactional replication my two servers, server1(publisher) &
server2(subscriber). If I logon to server2 using the sa username, I can
select and update the replicated data just fine. But if I try to logon using
a different name, I can select data from the replicated table, but I can't
perform updates, deletes, or inserts. I get the error:

Server: Msg 7415, Level 16, State 1, Line 4
Ad hoc access to OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' has been denied. You must access
this provider through a linked server.

I checked all my login mappings and it looks like they're okay.
1. The username I'm using is part of the PAL list for the publication.
2. The username has update, insert, delete privileges.
3. The username exists on both the publisher and subscriber.
4. A remote server entry is setup for server1 & server2 (on both the
publisher and subscriber), with the RPC box checked.

If I try and setup a linked server like the error asks, it tells me that the
server already exists, even though I don't have any linked servers in the
item list. What else do I need to do? I don't want all my subscriber users
to use the sa logins to update tables.

1. Subscriber login failure using immediate-updating subscribers revised

Hello again,

I was under the impression that transactional replication allows for
subscribers to make updates locally, MSDTC would make the same update on the
publisher.

I set up replication this way (with immediate updating subscribers) and it
works in one direction, from publisher to subscriber, but not the other way.
My problem is that it's not authenticating to either the distributor or the
publisher (in this case I have the publisher/distrbutor as the same server).
No matter what SQL Server login I use, it fails.

Any suggestions?  Comments?

Any are appreciated.

Josh

2. Publishing problem

3. Subscriber login failure using immediate-updating subscribers

4. Date setting on SQL Server 6.5

5. Subscriber can't perform any immediate updates

6. VFP3.0 exefile

7. insert doesn't work from subscriber in immediate updating in SQL2K

8. learning vb 6.0 site

9. Immediate-updating subscriber / large identity

10. immediate updating subscriber DML Fail

11. immediate updating subscribers

12. Snapshot with immediate updating subscribers

13. Immediate-Updating Subscriber