SQL Server 2k Installation failed

Post by Jasper Smit » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 01:28:59

Have you got any Certifcates installed on this PC ?
Did you previously have any version of SQL Server
or it's tools installed ? Have a search on google groups
for "Encryption not supported on SQL Server" and see
if any of the answers posted help you. This seems to be
either down to Force Protocol Encrypton being on, MDAC
problems or Certifcates installed on your PC.

--
HTH

Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> Hello,

> when I'm trying to install SQL server 2k (developer) on
> WindowsXP pro, the following error appear:

> ---------------------------
> Setup
> ---------------------------
> Setup failed to configure the server.   Refer to the
> server error logs and C:\WINDOWS\sqlstp.log for more
> information.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------

> In the log file:

> Connecting to Server ...
> driver={sql
> server};server=RHAPSODY;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
> Encryption not supported on SQL Server
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
> ConnectionOpen (PreLoginHandshake()).
> driver={sql
> server};server=RHAPSODY;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
> Encryption not supported on SQL Server
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
> ConnectionOpen (PreLoginHandshake()).
> driver={sql
> server};server=RHAPSODY;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
> Encryption not supported on SQL Server
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
> ConnectionOpen (PreLoginHandshake()).
> SQL Server configuration failed.

> Does anyone know how to install MSSQL2k succesfully?

1. SQL Server 2K Setup fails W/MDAC installation failure

I am attempting to install SQL 2K in a W2K Server via a
Terminal Server admin session (terminal server is in admin
mode on the server. The installation files were copied to
from the CD to a folder on the server and are run from the
Terminal Server session.  The setup fails with the
following message, 'Installation of Microsoft Data Access
Components failed. (-1)'.  Does anyone have any guidance?

Thanks,

Gary Herber
SCM&PA Engineer
Pearson Government Solutions (Pearson PLC)

2. Paradox: Inventory App, where?

3. SQL Server 2K configuration failed - setup failed

4. Store procedure ordering question

5. SQL 2K installation Failed on Win2k cluster

6. Replication to different table

7. Connection Between SQL Server 2K to another SQL Server 2K

8. Way to compare database structures?

9. SQL SERVER SETUP FAILS ON WINDOWS 2K SERVER

10. SQL 2K Fails on Win 2K Cluster

11. SQL 2k Setup fails running on Windows 2k Prof

12. Cannot connect to SQL 2k Server after MDAC 2.7 installation

13. SQL server 2k Installation problem..