*** HELP - I can't see or import AS400 logical files into SQL7 ****

Post by Melani » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm new to SQL 7 and I have a problem viewing logical files from the AS400.  When I try to import data into SQL using DTS from the AS400 it sees all the physical files fine but just can't see the logicals which are in the same library.  I am using a Client Accesss ODBC Driver (version 5) for the data source and when I use the same data source to import details from the AS400 into Cognos or Crystal Reports I CAN see logical files aswell as physicals.  I thought you could see tables and views from the AS400 in SQL.

I there anywhere I can tell it to retrieve not only physical files but also logicals or system tables etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Melania

1. Trying to import logical files from AS400 into SQL7

Hi,

I'm new to SQL 7 and I have a problem viewing logical files from the AS400.  When I try to import data into SQL from the AS400 it sees all the physical files fine but just can't see the logicals which are in the same library.

I there anywhere I can tell it to retrieve not only physical files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Melania

2. CDaoWorkspace and Jet 4.0

3. Importing physical and logical files from the AS400 to SQL7

4. Russian NLS Updates (pg_controldata, psql, pg_resetxlog,

5. Trying to import logical files from the AS400 into SQL 7

6. SP (Sql Server 7) - exec from VB (ADO)

7. HELP: replicate AS400 files to SQL7.0

8. Menu Driven Ad Hoc SQL Tool

9. Importing last days data from AS400/DB2 to SQL7

10. Importing Flat Fixed Len File to SQL7----HELP

11. Rename the 'Logical File Name'

12. modify 'logical file name'

13. Restore and rename 'Logical File Name'.