Help needed with upsizing database to SQL 7.0

Help needed with upsizing database to SQL 7.0

Post by Min S » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Help!
I try to upsize MS Access2000 tables to SQL 7.0, upsizing wizard failed to
most of tables, DTS failed a few tables. All table structure are
transferred, but some tables data are not. I even disabled the primary key,
foreign key. Still not working. Why?

Min

Help needed with upsizing database to SQL 7.0

Post by Adam Coga » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 09:09:37

Run Upsizing PRO! - pretty sure it will tell you the problems - see
www.ssw.com.au\UpsizingPRO

Adam
* Keep up-to-date by attending the monthly meetings at the 'Access/ASP/SQL
Server User Group, Sydney"   www.ssw.com.au/AccessUG

Quote:> Help!
> I try to upsize MS Access2000 tables to SQL 7.0, upsizing wizard failed to
> most of tables, DTS failed a few tables. All table structure are
> transferred, but some tables data are not. I even disabled the primary
key,
> foreign key. Still not working. Why?

> Min

1. How to open an upsized SQL Server 7.0 Database through VB6

We are in the process of upsizing our Access 2000 databases to SQL
Server 7.0.  I was using the DAO object to open the Access Database but
now that the database has been upsized, I know I can't use the Jet
engine.  I have been trying to open the SQL database (*.adp) by means
of the OpenConnection method.  For some reason, the recordsets no
longer seem to want to open using the OpenRecordset method.  I keep
getting an error which states that the Object variable is not set.
What am I doing wrong?  Can someone please show me how to set up the
OpenConnection method so the Recordsets open properly for adding,
updating and deleting?

2. IIF Function

3. SQL Server 7.0 and Upsized Access database

4. donations to postgresql

5. Error Upsizing Access Database to SQL Server 7.0

6. Possible Y2K trap in using DECODE?

7. help: How to use access upsizing tool to change access database to sql database

8. T-SQL: Joining across two tables

9. Need help to Kill a rollback process or delete the database on SQL 7.0

10. SQL 7.0 database migration from 6.5 do I need the 7.0 client

11. Upsizing SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0