SQL Server SQL Query Builder

Post by Who? Me » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

SQL Server SQL Query Builder

Does a 3rd party software program exist that builds SQL Server SQL
statements (Insert, Update, Delete, etc.).   MS Access has a built in
SQL query builder.    In
MS Access just build the query via the query tab.  When the query is
working just
right, you can copy/paste the SQL statement in to othe programs.  I want
to do the
same for SQL Server.   Since MS-Access and SQL Server use different SQL
statement syntax I need one for SQL Server 6.5.

If anyone knows of a 3rd party (after market) program that does this
please let
me know.

SQL Server SQL Query Builder

Post by Alan Brewe » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I don't know about 3rd-party products for SQL 6.5, but there is a graphical
query designer that comes up in a few places in SQL Server 7.0 Enterprise
Manager. For example:

* Click on a table and select Open Table.
* Click on the views icon and select New View.

Once you have this up you can build queries graphically.

--
Alan Brewer
Technology Lead