SQL7 - Delphi5 - ADO - TimeoutError

Post by Thomas Mau » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:49:25

Hi,

we developed a program, which transforms Data from different Tables on a MS
SQL 7.0 Database into other tables on the same system.
These transormations are quite big. In the midst of it, we receive a timeout
error.
In the connection string (or *.udl-file) we set the timeout value on more
than 30 sec., which is the timespan of the error, but nothing happened.
The database has infinite timeout.
We use Borland Delphi 5 Enterprise Edt. with both AdoUpdates (incl. the
Delphi 5 Ent. Updt,).

Does somebody knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Thomas Maus

SQL7 - Delphi5 - ADO - TimeoutError

Post by Benoit Commi » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 19:34:45

Same problem with VC++ 6.0, ADO, and SQLServer 7.0 or
Oracle 8.1.5 ( using MSDAORA as ole db driver )

The timeout occure only if no cursor are used in the
stored procedure, and an exception is sent. In other case,
nothing happened.

Benoit

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>we developed a program, which transforms Data from

different Tables on a MS
Quote:>SQL 7.0 Database into other tables on the same system.
>These transormations are quite big. In the midst of it,

we receive a timeout
Quote:>error.
>In the connection string (or *.udl-file) we set the

timeout value on more
Quote:>than 30 sec., which is the timespan of the error, but
nothing happened.
>The database has infinite timeout.
>We use Borland Delphi 5 Enterprise Edt. with both

AdoUpdates (incl. the
Quote:>Delphi 5 Ent. Updt,).