Which is best: SQL-DMO or ADO DataControl?

Which is best: SQL-DMO or ADO DataControl?

Post by cod.. » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 05:10:33

Which is better for executing stored procedures in SQL Server: SQL-DMO
or the ADO data control in Visual Basic 6.0? And why?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Which is best: SQL-DMO or ADO DataControl?

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:40:39

DMO is for apps that are to administer SQL Server. Don't use DMO for business type of
apps. This will most probably mean that ADO is the route to go in your case. Also, DMO
is not a long term solution as it will be replaced by WMI in the long run.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Neil's FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

> Which is better for executing stored procedures in SQL Server: SQL-DMO
> or the ADO data control in Visual Basic 6.0? And why?

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Which is best: SQL-DMO or ADO DataControl?

Post by Dejan Sark » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:46:34

I would suggest you ADO. DMO's purpose is administrative and maintenance
tasks, not common work. DMO's are SQL Server specific: ADO code is similar
for most data sources.

HTH,
Dejan Sarka

> Which is better for executing stored procedures in SQL Server: SQL-DMO
> or the ADO data control in Visual Basic 6.0? And why?

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. SQL-DMO: Does ANYONE know where good info can be found on using SQL-DMO for

SQL-DMO:  Does ANYONE know where good info can be found on using SQL-DMO for
Replication?

SQL Books Online is not of much help and the SQL-DMO replication VB sample
application found in the SQL Samples folder is not documented and doesn't
seem to work (at least with the default values given which I can't change
without more descriptive documentation).

Need to get a SQL-DMO Replication test application in Visual Basic working
ASAP.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!

2. DTS Variables

3. Locking error, DataControl Error, or am I stupid ?

4. TOAST and bytea JAVA

5. Generate SQL script for all objects in a database - but using ADO,not SQL-DMO

6. Print each page of report to separate files? (Pdox 7)

7. SQL-DMO: Get Replication Merge Agents history using SQL-DMO

8. Dumping the transactions to a text file when the server is busy

9. should i use the ADO or SQL-DMO?

10. ADO and SQL: what am I doing wrong ?

11. SQL-DMO: Does ANYONE know where good info can be found on using SQL-DMO for Replication?

12. ADO Datacontrol Events