Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Post by Jacob Dulwort » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 07:22:16

Does anyone know the differences between SQL 2000 Standard
Edition and Enterprise Edition beside clustering support?

Thanks, Jake

Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 07:54:30

Jake, try this URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/compare/choosing.asp
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

Does anyone know the differences between SQL 2000 Standard
Edition and Enterprise Edition beside clustering support?

Thanks, Jake

Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Post by Eric Sabin » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:46:45

Log Shipping for one.  A very nice tool.

Eric

Quote:> Does anyone know the differences between SQL 2000 Standard
> Edition and Enterprise Edition beside clustering support?

> Thanks, Jake

Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Post by Afki » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 18:07:24

Standard editions lacks features desiged for entreprise database solutions
such as fail-over clustering, federated databases, and log shipping.They are
often used for small office database implementations.
Good luck :)

Quote:> Does anyone know the differences between SQL 2000 Standard
> Edition and Enterprise Edition beside clustering support?

> Thanks, Jake

1. Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Hi

I know that you cannot create multiple PARTITIONS without using MS OLAP
Services 7.0 EE.
Yet, the FoodMart DB shows 2 Partitions For the Warehouse DB.

It makes me wondering whether it could be possible to CREATE multiple
Partitions With MSOLAPSERVICES7.0 EE, but browse and use the various
partitions Directly with The Standrard Edition.

As far as Clients that are supposed to Buy OLAP Services are concerned, this
could be a major outcome.

Is this accurate, or not ?

TIA

Pierre

2. Calculation speed

3. Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition 7

4. errors/parameters

5. MS-SQL 2000 Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

6. old collation

7. Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

8. SQL 7.0 Standard Edition vs. Enterprise Edition

9. Standard edition VS Enterprise edition SQL 7.0

10. Oracle 8i Standard Edition vs Enterprise Edition for Linux

11. Standard Edition vs Enterprise Edition

12. SQL 2000 - switch from Enterprise edition to Standard edition