Entity Relationship Diagram help

Post by Jay Kappe » Fri, 13 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I have just started a new job, and there is a fairly large size databvase
that I now have to support.  The problem is that no-one beofre me ever did
an Entity Relationship Diagram (ER Diagram).  I am wondering if there might
be a utility that can automatically generate one?

Please EMAIL me if you can be of any help..

Sincerely, Jay Kappel

Entity Relationship Diagram help

Post by Quah Siew Thia » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

hi,
you can use ERWin, it allows you to do a reverse engineering.
this way, you get a diagram that's translated from the SQL Server db

regards
quah

> I have just started a new job, and there is a fairly large size
> databvase
> that I now have to support.  The problem is that no-one beofre me ever
> did
> an Entity Relationship Diagram (ER Diagram).  I am wondering if there
> might
> be a utility that can automatically generate one?

> Please EMAIL me if you can be of any help..

> Sincerely, Jay Kappel

Entity Relationship Diagram help

Post by Ronny Straetlin » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I have just started a new job, and there is a fairly large size databvase
> that I now have to support.  The problem is that no-one beofre me ever
did
> an Entity Relationship Diagram (ER Diagram).  I am wondering if there
might
> be a utility that can automatically generate one?

try "ErWin SQL" or "S-Designer" - there are trial versions on the net.

Sorry but i dont know the adresses

Ciao
  Ronny

Entity Relationship Diagram help

Post by Shouping Qi » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Check www.powersoft.com for "S-Designer"
You may connect to db and do reverse engineering from there.

: > I have just started a new job, and there is a fairly large size databvase
: > that I now have to support.  The problem is that no-one beofre me ever
: did
: > an Entity Relationship Diagram (ER Diagram).  I am wondering if there
: might
: > be a utility that can automatically generate one?

: try "ErWin SQL" or "S-Designer" - there are trial versions on the net.

: Sorry but i dont know the adresses

: Ciao
:   Ronny

Entity Relationship Diagram help

Post by Laura Bellin » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I think that the address for Erwin is www.logicworks.com.  I have used this
product and have found it to be pretty good.
--
Laura Bellini

Entity Relationship Diagram help

Post by Mike Yoc » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Also you can try http://www.logicworks.com

-my

>Check www.powersoft.com for "S-Designer"
>You may connect to db and do reverse engineering from there.

>: > I have just started a new job, and there is a fairly large size
databvase
>: > that I now have to support.  The problem is that no-one beofre me
ever
>: did
>: > an Entity Relationship Diagram (ER Diagram).  I am wondering if
there
>: might
>: > be a utility that can automatically generate one?

>: try "ErWin SQL" or "S-Designer" - there are trial versions on the
net.

>: Sorry but i dont know the adresses

>: Ciao
>:   Ronny

1. References for Entity-Relationship Diagram Notations - Help

Hi,

I am investigating various Entity-Relationship diagram notations as part of
a project.  I am interested in finding references for notations.  I have
a reference from Chen's Original E-R notation

P.P. Chen "The Entity-Relationship Model : Towards a Unified View of Data",
ACM Transaction on Database Systems, Volume 1, No.1 (January 1976).

This notation   entity sets       = rectangles
                attributes        = ellipses
                relationship sets = diamonds

I am particularly interested in the notation used by CASE tools, i.e.
the 'crows foot notation', and the 'double headed arrow' notation.

Can anyone provide a reference or point me in the direction of a good book?

Thanks in advance,

Richard
--

2. Paradox 5 Performace

3. HELP NEEDED - ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAMS

4. AIX raw logical volumes

5. References for Entity-Relationship Diagram Notations - Help

6. The process was successfully stopped.

7. ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAM DRAWING TOOL

8. Listener won't start at startup

9. ER Diagrams (Entity Relationship)

10. Entity Relationship diagrams (IDEF1X)

11. Entity Relationship Diagram - database design problem

12. Looking for books - entity-relationship diagramming and design

13. entity relationship diagram tool