SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by SBS » Wed, 15 May 2002 00:37:58

I am currently running the enterprise version of SQL Server 7.0 on my laptop
under Windows 2000 server. I am getting a new laptop and I am wondering
whether I can install the enterprise SQL Server version under XP Pro?

The desktop version will not work for me because I need the import and
export features.
Thanks

SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by Richard Siddawa » Wed, 15 May 2002 01:05:43

You can only run enterprise version on server level
operating systems - XP is a desktop OS & won't run it

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am currently running the enterprise version of SQL

Server 7.0 on my laptop
Quote:>under Windows 2000 server. I am getting a new laptop and
I am wondering
>whether I can install the enterprise SQL Server version
under XP Pro?

>The desktop version will not work for me because I need
the import and
>export features.
>Thanks

>.

1. SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

Hi. I am trying to install the Client tools on my laptop
which is running Windows XP Professional. Everything goes
fine until the dialog say, "Connecting to server". It
times out and says to refer to the log. Here is the last
log entry -

2002-01-12 09:53:27.72 kernel   SQL Server is terminating
due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager.

The dialog also says to refer to "cnfgsvr.out". Here are
the entries in that file -

Starting Service ...
Connecting to Server ...
driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
driver={sql
server};server=KDN1;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
SQL Server configuration failed.

Does anyone know of any compatibility issues on XP Pro? I
have searched for documentation to no avail. Your help is
appreciated. Thank you!

Ken

2. Looking for lha-1.00.tar.Z to extract PD Ingres

3. sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

4. (no subject)

5. SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro?

6. Multicolumn combo box for VB5, suggestions??

7. MS SQL Server 7.0 and Win XP Pro?

8. Relational Model!

9. Installing SQL Server 7.0 desktop version on Windows XP Pro

10. Setting up SQL server 7.0 in Windows XP Pro

11. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro