Switching from SQL 7 to SQL 6.5 problems

Switching from SQL 7 to SQL 6.5 problems

Post by Colin Buntin » Sun, 16 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have an NT4 server with service pack 4 (and 5 - problem is with both),
running SQL 6.5, service pack 5a.  I am trying to upgrade to SQL 7, service
pack 1.  The problem is that I cannot run SQL 6.5 after switching back to
it.  That means I cannot upgrade user databases, of course, without
upgrading between 2 servers.  The error in the Event Viewer of NT says there
is an invalid null within the master.dat, and SQL produces the error that I
cannot connect because the SQL server does not exist.

Has anybody come across this before?  And, if so, is there a workaround?

Many thanks in advance,
Colin

1. 2k "SQL switch" problem with 6.5

Hello

I have a serious problem

I have sql 2k running on win2k server on one machine and one with NT4
and sql 6.5.

when I run the wizard under SQL SERVER SWITCH from the start + programs
menu and enter the name of the 6.5 server and click next I get the
following error:

sp_setnetname if your NT machine name uses dashes)."

what's wrong? the name of the sql 6.5 is "KLOKER" just letters.

please help! I have so many databases I need to transfer to the sql 2k
machine
/Lasse

2. trigger

3. SQL 6.5/7.0 switch problem

4. CCNA MCSE MCSD MCDBA Exam Guides 886

5. migrating sql databases sever 6.5 from sql server 6.5 to another sql server 6.5

6. Advice for a newbie

7. Switch 7.0 to 6.5 fails - appears to be in middle of switch process

8. Cube Efficiency

9. Switch to 6.5 not appearing after SQL 2000 install

10. SQL Server Switch 6.5 to 2K

11. SQL 6.5 / 7.0 Server Switch - happens without user?

12. Error 17113 when switching SQL 7 back to 6.5

13. Switch quoted indentifiers on on SQL 6.5