Analysis Services 2000 /Windows XP / Office XP

Analysis Services 2000 /Windows XP / Office XP

Post by Lond » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 02:20:48

Hi there,

can anyone help me with a definitive guide as to what combination of the
following should work correctly. My understanding is that there is a
known problem with a version of the msolap80.dll that has shipped with
some releases of MDAC 2.7 but I don't know which MDAC 2.7 releases are
or aren't OK.

Windows XP  and AS2000 sp1
Windows XP  and AS2000 sp2
Would including Office XP in the mix of the above make any difference?

Basically, I need to find a combination that is OK whether it involves
installing PTSFull from AS 2000 SP1 or SP2 or from Office 2000 or
where-ever. Also I gather there may be a release of MDAC 2.7 SP1 out
shortly?

Graeme Axworthy
Senior Architect
Global Product Development - Europe
Tel:  +44 (0) 20 7393 5509
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7393 5503

IMS HEALTH
7 Harewood Avenue, London, NW1 6JB, UK.
www.imshealth.com

1. SQL2000 Desktop Install Failure on Windows XP from Office XP

I have tried to install SQL 2000 desktop data base engine
on my brand new gateway computer which came pre-loaded
with Windows XP Professional and Office XP Professional.
The MSDE set-up program indicates I have the wrong version
of windows. I have tried to install the latest versions of
MSI to help but these fails also.Any advice?

2. Locking: Matching up sessions

3. XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

4. MS Access and SS7 views

5. Delphi Access BDE driver and Windows Office XP/2000 with Windows XP or Windows 2000 ??

6. Browse with multiple rows in Progress 7.3c

7. Analysis Services on Windows XP

8. Share memory with Pro C?

9. SQL 2000 Analyse Services and Windows XP Advanced Server

10. Windows 2000/XP update causes crash of SQL Service Manager

11. ODBC errors with XP, Office XP

12. XP & Office XP, XML, .Net

13. Office XP Web Components and Analysis Cube Drillthrough