Transact-SQL

Post by shell » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:25:37

Cannot determine the N' in the following statement. Auto-
generated script from database created with Enterprise
Manager.

if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
object_id(N'[dbo].[category]') and OBJECTPROPERTY (id,
N'IsUserTable') = 1) drop table [dbo]. [category]
GP

Thanks for your help.

Transact-SQL

Post by Adi Coh » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:17:04

 The N means that the string should be treated as UNICODE instead of ANSI

Adi

Quote:> Cannot determine the N' in the following statement. Auto-
> generated script from database created with Enterprise
> Manager.

> if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
> object_id(N'[dbo].[category]') and OBJECTPROPERTY (id,
> N'IsUserTable') = 1) drop table [dbo]. [category]
> GP

> Thanks for your help.

1. SQL Server to Oracle (Transact SQL to PL/SQL)

I'm a client server developer going from a SQL Server (ver. 6.5 & 7.0) to an
Oracle (ver. 7.3) database environment.  I'm pretty adept at Transact SQL.
Since they are both extensions of ANSI SQL there are many similarities
between Transact SQL and PL/SQL.  However, there are many differences as
well.

Can anyone suggest a good resource for someone moving from SQL Server to
Oracle?

Thanks,
Justin

2. Too many SQL Server processes- too much memory.

3. Using LOCAL-SQL or Transact-SQL with SQL-server and BDE

4. SQL Internal consistency errors

5. sql server transact sql not backword compatable

6. Check existance of tables

7. SQL SERVER 6.5, TRANSACT SQL, ODBC

8. SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 on the same PC?

9. Transact-SQL Debugger for SQL Server 2000

10. SQL / Transact-SQL

11. SQL Full Recovery Solution using Transact-SQL

12. NYC SQL Server, Transact SQL; Brokerage Jobs

13. Old Article: Access SQL syntax versus Transact SQL syntax