Backup WITH password using EM

Post by R » Fri, 02 May 2003 16:38:59

Hi,

I am wondering how to setup the backup process, so that
when anyone is trying to restore the database will be
prompted for a password.

This can be done through T-SQL, but I am wondering how it
can be done through enterprise manager.

-R

Backup WITH password using EM

Post by Yih-Yoon Lee [M » Fri, 02 May 2003 17:05:11

Hi R,

I don't think this is possible in SQL Server 2000. (Using Enterprise
Manager that is)

Sincerely,
Yih-Yoon Lee
Microsoft, SQL Server

Subscribe to MSDN & use http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups.

1. EM hangs while using restore utility to list backups

One of our production databases is hanging while using EM to get a list of
the available backups on its database. I traced the problem to the number of
entries in our msdb database.  I have written and tested a script to elimate
older records in the backup list through 7 different table and it alleviates
the problem.

Is there any supported utility that does a similar cleanup of msdb backup
records.  I would rather use a tried and tested solution.

SQL Server 7.0 SP2

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. dts package owner??

3. Internet Password / ZIP Passwort / Backup Password

4. dump database error messages

5. backup set / backup media password protection

6. UPDATE error trapping

7. encrypting/blocking password in scheduled tasks under EM?

8. Is SQL Server faster than Access?

9. SQL EM loses all registrations after XP password change

10. Can't edit DTS package in EM after SA password change

11. EM Password change error

12. EM mislisting contents of backup device

13. EM and Log Backups