INSERT trigger versus UPDATE/DELETE trigger

INSERT trigger versus UPDATE/DELETE trigger

Post by Alex Boestean » Tue, 09 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I know that inside an update or delete trigger it is necessary to account
for multiple rows (because UPDATE / DELETE statements can affect more than
one row).
Is this also true for INSERT triggers (i.e., can an INSERT trigger affect
more than one row)?

Thank you!

INSERT trigger versus UPDATE/DELETE trigger

Post by BPMargoli » Tue, 09 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Alex,

Yes.

For example:

INSERT INTO <table>
SELECT * FROM <table2>

Quote:> I know that inside an update or delete trigger it is necessary to account
> for multiple rows (because UPDATE / DELETE statements can affect more than
> one row).
> Is this also true for INSERT triggers (i.e., can an INSERT trigger affect
> more than one row)?

> Thank you!

> --

INSERT trigger versus UPDATE/DELETE trigger

Post by Alex Boestean » Wed, 10 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Thank you very much!

> Alex,

> Yes.

> For example:

> INSERT INTO <table>
> SELECT * FROM <table2>

> > I know that inside an update or delete trigger it is necessary to
account
> > for multiple rows (because UPDATE / DELETE statements can affect more
than
> > one row).
> > Is this also true for INSERT triggers (i.e., can an INSERT trigger
affect
> > more than one row)?

> > Thank you!

> > --

1. Update Trigger referencing only updated columns in Deleted and Inserted

I am trying to use an update trigger to generate Log
information of updated columns on a user table. I now know
how to identify which columns that has been changed but I
can't figure out how to reference these columns (and only
these columns) in table 'Inserted' and/or table 'Deleted'.
My objective is to create two string variables that are to
hold old values and New values:

OldValues=
'UpdatedColumn1=OldValue1,UpdatedColumn2=OldValue2...'

NewValues=
'UpdatedColumn1=NewValue1,UpdatedColumn2=NewValue2...'

Please
Sten Bille

2. How to sum currency Values?

3. Update Trigger and ChildID Insert Trigger

4. isql and trusted hpux

5. Which record triggers an INSERT, UPDATE Trigger

6. Report Question WIN 5.0

7. Create Trigger - Insert, Update - not updating record on Insert

8. Conversion to Oracle

9. Are combination insert/update/delete triggers OK

10. TRIGGER INSTEAD OF UPDATE and inserted and deleted tables

11. Rollback Triggers on Errors During UPDATE, INSERT or DELETE

12. Triggers (insert, update, delete)

13. trigger INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ?