SQL help needed...

Post by Brian Ha » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm fairly new to SQL, so bear with me please.  I have a table that stores
employees' job changes and the associated effective dates.  Because each
employee could have more than one job at a given time, a position number is
also stored with each record.  Given an employee's ID, I need to pull the
latest job change record for all positions.  The table (simplified) looks
something like this:

EmployeeID, EffectiveDate, PositionNumber, JobID

I can pull the latest job change for a single position number, but pulling all
the positions has me stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

Brian Hart

1. CAST in Local SQL? SQL Help needed

I need to combine a couple of fields into one column and the are
different types (Numeric and string) Like Street_Number + Street_Name
= Street_Address.

In this example Street_Number is numeric, Street_Name is a character
field and the concantonated result is Street_Address.

How can I do this in Local SQL?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Bill

2. PARADOX TRANSFER TO INTERBASE PROBLEM

3. T-SQL Help Needed (Desperately)

4. Reports- compatability between versions

5. Further SQL help needed

6. Singapore-Oracle Devlopment & Support

7. SQL help needed

8. Aspect Modelling and wide interfaces

9. SQL HELP NEEDED.

10. SQL Help needed...