BREAK issue

Post by John Biswel » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:59:20

Hi,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to execute something just before a
BREAK statement ie:

WHILE 1=1
 BEGIN

   BREAK
  ELSE
    CONTINUE

END

Thanks,

John.

BREAK issue

Post by Hirantha S Hettiarachch » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:10:56

Yes. but you dont need the continue . you can use RETURN statement as well.

WHILE 1=1
 BEGIN

       BREAK
END

--
hth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Hi,

> Can someone tell me if it is possible to execute something just before a
> BREAK statement ie:

> WHILE 1=1
>  BEGIN

>    BREAK
>   ELSE
>     CONTINUE

> END

> Thanks,

> John.

BREAK issue

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:05:52

You need to wrap the two statements in a BEGIN and END.

 WHILE 1=1
  BEGIN

        BEGIN

            BREAK
        END
   ELSE

--
Andrew J. Kelly,  SQL Server MVP
Targitmail

> Hi,

> Can someone tell me if it is possible to execute something just before a
> BREAK statement ie:

> WHILE 1=1
>  BEGIN

>    BREAK
>   ELSE
>     CONTINUE

> END

> Thanks,

> John.

1. line length line break issue

recordsep is for the character _between records_.  But the cr/lf you
have in the data is inside your records.

What you probably want to do is to experiment with the regular
expressions facilities of PostgreSQL, and use the text-manipulation
functions to get rid of the cr/lf.  Or, you could edit the dump file
using, say, sed, and then import the data again.  Obviously, you also
need to fix the PHP.

----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS                           Toronto, Ontario Canada

                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

2. mailer addresses

3. Wordbreaker issue: Stop breaking my words!

4. Paramaterized views and Forms

5. Connection to SQL server breaks when connection to internet break

6. Modellers, rise to the challenge!

7. upgrade broke stuff, downgrade still broke

8. Default workspace or not?

9. TechTips: Breaking in .. or breaking in again

10. Page breaks at group breaks

11. getting DIGI Portserver II to pass break and ctrl-break

12. break.on page breaks

13. Production Issue: Larger dimension issue