START MERGE AGENT AUTOMATICALLY

Post by Benn » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:43:35

Hello all,

I set up merge replication about 3 weeks back between 4
of our sites.  Everything is controlled from the
distributor server where the publication has three
different push subscriptions.

Now what happens is that occasionally the merge agent
will stop running due to some error (i.e. "The process
could not connect to Subscriber "XXX"" or "The identity
range resource available is not enough.")  So when that
happens I go back into the merge agents folder under the
Replication Monitor and restart the agent.  Once I
restart the agent everything goes back to normal and all
of the changes that had taken place, while that one
subscription was down, goes through.

Is there a setting that I can change so that if a
subscription stops running it will restart the agent
automatically??  The only thing I could find was the
number of retry attempts deep within the subscription
details...(It defaults to 10)

Any suggestions on what I can do??

Thanks for the help,
Benny

1. One of publication listed under Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed

We are running merge replication on SQL7. Totally there are 8
publication-subscription pairs created, all of them are listed under
Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents. However, since last week, One
of publication-subscription pairs listed under Replication
Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed during midnight,
but this publication still listed under Replication
Monitor/Agents/Snapshot Agents, subscriber is still listed in the Pull
Subscription under subscribed database, and publisher is still listed
in the publication under the publishing database. Any ideas why this
might be?  I sure would appreciate your help.

2. PRESS: HOLISTIC SYSTEMS ANNOUNCES WEB SITE

3. Start snapshot agent automatically from replication script??

4. CoolGen and SQL Server

5. SQL Agent not starting automatically

6. Ingres 6.4/06 + Sybase OMNIConnect 11.5 = Y2K ready ?

7. Start SQL Server Agent Automatically

8. OCI: Write BLOB's

9. Automatically Starting SQL Server Agent in Win98

10. SQL agent wont automatically start up

11. Merge agent not started

12. errors on starting merge agent

13. suspect distribution agent and suspect merge agent ?