Want to laugh? Our CPU usage....

Post by Jason Rooze » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:05:42

~400 users...

http://camcoinc.net/cpu.jpg

<a
href="http://camcoinc.net/cpu.jpg">http://camcoinc.net/cpu.
jpg</a>

Jason Roozee

Want to laugh? Our CPU usage....

Post by Edgardo Valde » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:21:26

Need a DBA?

;-)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

.
>jpg</a>

>Jason Roozee
>.

Want to laugh? Our CPU usage....

Post by Geoff N. Hite » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:33:36

Obviously, Yes. :)
--
Geoff N. Hiten
Senior Database Administrator

Quote:> Need a DBA?

> ;-)

Want to laugh? Our CPU usage....

Post by Jason Rooze » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:08:28

Nope - Just hardware :)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Need a DBA?

>;-)

1. Unexpected Hi-Lo CPU Usage After Upgrade From Single To Dual CPU

After upgrading a Compaq ML370 server (not a G2) from single to dual
processor, the CPU usage as shown by System Monitor showed CPU-0 to
peak and the same time as CPU-1 troughed. Each processors usage
appeared to be a mirror of the other with an average of about 60% for
both CPUs. Very pretty on the screen, but unfortunately, the
development servers CPU usage showed cpu-0 to be consistently 5% to
10% more than cpu-1, i.e. cpu usage was broadly parallel rather than
opposite.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

In Enterprise Manager, I've compared the settings and the CPU and
Memory tabs both show the same settings. I've executed the
sp_configure command on both servers and there are no significant
differences.

As I write, I am reinstalling SQL Server 2000 after deatching
user-defined databases first, as there doesn't seem to be an answer to
this problem.

Regards,
Ian.

2. Are they any plans a SQL 6.5 Service pack 6

3. SQL Profiler + CPU Usage

4. MSDE License could include transactional replication option?

5. Low CPU usage and Slow Response time

6. DTS Manipulation Layout

7. SQL Server hogging up CPU usage / memory leaks

8. Error 94

9. CPU Usage Hits 100%

10. Help: CPU Usage 100% (Performance issue)

11. CPU Usage 100% When Query Plan Shows Table Spool

12. locks and thus CPU usage rises to 100%

13. CPU Usage Maxed at 25% in Anlysis Services /SQL Server