ODBC Escape Sequence

Post by Bernd Geister » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I would like to a find a field in an access 97 database
via odbc/mfc/mvc++ with the value (including "'"s)

                'f"unf'

Which escape sequences in an CRecordset-query consisting of

CString s("SELECT * FROM table AND table.field LIKE _________");

must I use?
--
 Bernd Geistert
 Bavarian Research Center for Knowledge Based Systems

ODBC Escape Sequence

Post by Steve Foste » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The single quotes do not need to be escaped, as Access can deal with
them. However, the double quote *will* need to be fixed.

You could process your string parameter and make it read "'f" & chr(34)
& "unf'" and substitute that for your ________ (including the " marks).
That pushs the problem into Access.

Steve.

Posted To: microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc
Conversation: ODBC Escape Sequence
Subject: ODBC Escape Sequence

Hi,

I would like to a find a field in an access 97 database
via odbc/mfc/mvc++ with the value (including "'"s)

                'f"unf'

Which escape sequences in an CRecordset-query consisting of

CString s("SELECT * FROM table AND table.field LIKE _________");

must I use?
--
 Bernd Geistert
 Bavarian Research Center for Knowledge Based Systems
 Am Weichselgarten 7, D-91058 Erlangen

1. ODBC Escape Sequence and Outer Joins

All,

I am trying to port a couple of statements from Oracle to SQL Server.  So
far, it has gone pretty smoothly but I am having some problems converting
some Oracle-specific Outer Joins to ODBC Escape sequences that will still
work in Oracle.

The statment looks like this:

SELECT * FROM A, B, C WHERE
   A.X = B.X(+) AND
   A.Y = C.Y(+)

I have tried re-writting the statement as

SELECT  * FROM {oj A LEFT OUTER JOIN B ON A.X = B.X},{oj A LEFT OUTER JOIN C
ON A.Y = C.Y}
and this seems to work with SQL Server, however it doesn't work with Oracle.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Eb

2. pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt (ruleutils.c)

3. odbc escape sequence Oracle

4. thin edge of the OLE wedge

5. ODBC Escape Sequence and Outer Joins

6. DTPicker

7. ODBC Escape Sequences

8. ODBC escape sequence

9. ODBC CALL escape sequence versus SQL_NOSCAN_ON

10. Keyboard Timeout Probs (Escape Sequences)

11. Escape sequences in SQL*Loader