Probleme of search engine of fulltext/phonetic type

Probleme of search engine of fulltext/phonetic type

Post by amos-informatiqu » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello!!

I have a big problem:
I want to developp a seach engine over SQL server or Oracle database.
The search criteria must be made on text value type.
What is this fulltext or phonetic metohd ?
How can I use it  to solve my problem ?

Thanks!!

Gilbert.

1. Phonetic search in fulltext catalog

Hi.

Does anyone know if the sql-server 7.0 contains functions for phonetic
searches?

Example:
I have a table with a field called 'BandName'. When a user wants to
search for 'Dire Straits' I run the following query: SELECT * FROM
The query returns the expected results and everything is ok but what if
the user enters 'Dyre Straits'?
A query like the above one will not find a matching record but since the
user obviously just misspelled the search string it would be nice if the
sql-server could ignore at least slight misspellings.

Can anyone help me?

2. Requesting for resultset paging tips

3. Sell me an NT FullText search engine

4. Order by a LONG

5. replacing fulltext by own mechanism/search engine

6. OLAP Web-client Options

7. Phonetic Fulltext: Possible w/ SQL Server 2K?

8. JOB-Colorado; Denver/Aurora; Oracle Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5

9. Need Phondisk type search engine

10. Fulltext Search AND web site search

11. Index type Search Engine on SQL Server

12. Phonetic Searching on Names

13. phonetic and/or similarity search