Cancel Query from ADO

Post by Alejandro Mes » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:39:13

Rohan,

See CANCEL method of the Connection or Command object.

AMB

1. How to Cancel a L O N G running Sql Query with ADO

Hello,

It's the age old problem,  the application allows the user to perform
queries into a MS Sql database (6.5), the programmer doesn't know how long
the query will take to finish so he/she puts the maximum timeout limits on
it, and the end user waits forever for it to complete.

We all want to put that "CANCEL SEARCH" button on the ASP page, so the user
can refine his/her search criteria and get on with their work.

So, please tell me how you have done it?
Can you do it with the following products?

My environment is:
        Client Workstation:  IE 3.0, Netscape 2/3, Windows NT.
        Web Server: Windows NT, IIS 3, ADO, JSCRIPT
        Database Server: Windows NT, MS SQL Server 6.5

I've seen some of the documentation on  Remote Data Services (RDS) which
provides for "Asynchronous" queries/processing, but can't seem to locate
any thing that says how to do it within ADO. RDS support a Cancel method
but ADO doesn't expose one or define one.

Thanks,

Bob

2. dbrpcparam problem

3. How to send a command in VB.ADO to cancel running queries

4. MDAC 2.7 Breaks Access 2000 / SQL 7 Form - pls help!

5. Canceling an in-progress query (ADO/Jet 4.0)

6. NextRecordSet isn't working any more

7. Question - how to cancel ADO query in progress

8. Help, feedback on Oracle simulator CD's.

9. How to Cancel ADO Query, Access client and SQL Server 2000

10. ADO Recordset Cancel Method

11. ADO Comand Asynchronous Cancel???

12. Want to Cancel Data Lookup in ADO

13. Canceling ADO adAsyncExecute command