where did those stored procs go??

Post by Kristen Wesolowsk » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have 6 stored procedures that are no where to be found. Here's the fun
part, they are being run from another sproc which actually does run the
missing procs successfully. Any ideas as to where these sprocs are
residing? (not in ent. mgr., not in sysobjects)

where did those stored procs go??

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Are they in the master database?
Are they created by another user?

Keith

Quote:> I have 6 stored procedures that are no where to be found. Here's the fun
> part, they are being run from another sproc which actually does run the
> missing procs successfully. Any ideas as to where these sprocs are
> residing? (not in ent. mgr., not in sysobjects)

1. Stored Procs not doing the same thing on different servers

This SP works on one server but not another SQL Server. It is used to pull a
random row based on a UniqueIdentifier Column called AdID
Both are SQL Server 7.0, both base tables are exactly the same.  I have
tried dropping and recreating the table on the new server.

Here is the code.

AS
set nocount on
create table #ads (AdID uniqueidentifier)

insert #ads select AdID from internalads order by newid()
set rowcount 0
update InternalAds SET Shows = Shows + 1 Where AdID in (select AdID from
select FilePath, AdLink, AltText,AdID, adWidth, AdHeight from InternalAds
where AdID in (select AdID from #ads) order by newid()
drop table #ads
set nocount off

TIA

Your help is greatly appreciated and most urgent

Mike

2. help : Foreign key limitation

3. Trigger doing UNLOAD to file OR calling Store Procedure doing the UNLOAD to file

4. Job Listings for DFW Computer Professionals

5. Going rate for a DBA with Applications Experience - doing contract work

6. SQL Command to determine table last used date

7. Gone and done it.

8. delphi 2.0 must ust spx2.1 to connect oracle?

9. Help with doing recursion in oracle: how to have sql go thru list of values

10. How to go about in doing this?

11. Debugging Java Stored Procs in Stored Procedure Builder

12. storing/accessing binary data with stored procs.

13. advantages of storing SQL in stored procs