plan rebuild index on SQL 7.0.699

Post by Scot » Mon, 20 May 2002 00:05:08

We ran a maintenance plan to rebuild indexes last night
and now it appears that two indexes did not get rebuilt,
even though they do show up as existing according to EM.

I checked the rebuild log and it ran fine in 5.5 minutes.
Our application log says it couldn't find the index in
sysindexes.  Looking at it, I didn't find them either in
sysindexes.  So, I dropped them and rebuilt those two in
EM.  The application started working fine.  Now when I
look at sysindexes.  I don't see the two indexes.

Any ideas?

Scott

plan rebuild index on SQL 7.0.699

Post by Rashmi Dave[M » Wed, 22 May 2002 06:51:36

Please make sure that you do DBCC checkdb , and make sure there is no
corruption.

Regards,

            Rashmi Dave

Microsoft Partner Support

--------------------

| Subject: plan rebuild index on SQL 7.0.699
| Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 08:05:08 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.server
|
| We ran a maintenance plan to rebuild indexes last night
| and now it appears that two indexes did not get rebuilt,
| even though they do show up as existing according to EM.
|
| I checked the rebuild log and it ran fine in 5.5 minutes.
| Our application log says it couldn't find the index in
| sysindexes.  Looking at it, I didn't find them either in
| sysindexes.  So, I dropped them and rebuilt those two in
| EM.  The application started working fine.  Now when I
| look at sysindexes.  I don't see the two indexes.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Scott

1. SQL Server 7.0SP1 (v7.00.699)

The latest service pack is out for SQL Server 7.0. You must use Win NT 4.0
with Sp5 or Terminal server edition with Sp4.
See Q225019 and
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/sql/public/fixes/usa/SQL70/Sp1/x86/README

pack you will see 7.0.1245 in the OLAP Mgr.

Ken Mays

2. like a null

3. Difference in ranking results from a full index rebuild verses an incremental rebuild

4. Another DTS Schedule Problem

5. rebuild or not rebuild index file, when ?, how?

6. Pictures with VB and Access

7. rebuilding an index(s) to defragment the index

8. like no results...

9. SQL ADMIN GURUS: When/If to rebuild indexes?

10. SQL 7.0 using DBCC Showcontig to rebuild index

11. Rebuild indexes in SQL 2000

12. rebuilding indices in SQL Server 7.0

13. Rebuilding SQL 7 Indexes???