Transaction error

Post by Jo?o Soare » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:46:46

Hello!
I am working with a db Access 97 front & SQL 7.0 back.  I have a DAO transaction
that will not fully execute when I include more than one action in the same
table.
I try to run the same code with a sybase and oracle database and it work fine. Is
there any parameter to configure in SQL SERVER 7.0 to define how locks work?

Any help would be appreciated

Jo?o Soares

CODE:
When this code runs de second openrecordset generate a odbc time-out error.

Sub demo()
Dim work As Workspace
Dim db As Database
Dim rstaux As Recordset

    Set work = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
    Set db = work.Databases(0)

    work.BeginTrans
        Set rstaux = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM ClassificacaoEntradas",
dbOpenDynaset)
        rstaux.AddNew
            rstaux("Classificacao") = 1
            rstaux("Descricao") = "Hello!"
        rstaux.Update
        rstaux.Close
        Set rstaux = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM ClassificacaoEntradas",
dbOpenDynaset)

        rstaux.AddNew
            rstaux("Classificacao") = 2
            rstaux("Descricao") = "Testing"
        rstaux.Update
    work.CommitTrans

End Sub

1. distributed transaction error-DTC

Follwoing transaction fails:
 begin distributed transaction
 -- insert into Order_I
 INSERT INTO
 serverb.OP.dbo.Order_I
 SELECT  * from ServerA.GL.dbo.Order_I
 COMMIT TRAN

 This transaction returns the following error:
 Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Line 6
 The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'
 does not support distributed transactions.
 [OLE/DB provider returned message: Distributed transaction error]

 Both the servers can ping each other.  DTC service is running on both the
servers with NT account.  The servers are on different domain with VPN.  Is
this a problem?  Servers are running on NT4, sqlserver7 with one having sp1
and other sp2.  Any idea?
 SP

2. Insert Question for 6.5

3. Transaction error.

4. What's to gain by SQLCE?

5. Distributed transaction error

6. remote SET EXPLAIN and SYSTEM

7. DISTRIBUTED TRANSACTION ERROR!!!!

8. Maximum number of database in a transaction (Error 610)

9. SQL Stored Procedure transaction Error

10. Distributed Transaction Error 7391

11. Distributed transactions errors: a possible solution (re-posted)

12. Distributed transactions Errors