Info required urgently

Post by Murali. » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:37:49

We are trying to build a scalable application using SQL Server 7.0 as the
back end. We want scale up to 1 million users. I am not sure what kind of
Database clustering strategy do I need for this kind of solution.

Any suggestions on this ?....

MK
SOFTQUEST Technologies, Inc..

Info required urgently

Post by Kace » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:12:55

Go to Compaq's website and search for HA/F100 and you'll see a good cluster
solution for this.  It isn't cheap though.

Quote:> We are trying to build a scalable application using SQL Server 7.0 as the
> back end. We want scale up to 1 million users. I am not sure what kind of
> Database clustering strategy do I need for this kind of solution.

> Any suggestions on this ?....

> MK
> SOFTQUEST Technologies, Inc..

Info required urgently

Post by Doo » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:52:31

Look at the Unisys ES7000...up to 32 processors and 64 gigs in one
box...totally awesome.  We currently have BenchmarkFactory running 6 million
simulated users doing 10 transactions per day.

--
Doo
Senior Data Architect / DBA

> Go to Compaq's website and search for HA/F100 and you'll see a good
cluster
> solution for this.  It isn't cheap though.

> > We are trying to build a scalable application using SQL Server 7.0 as
the
> > back end. We want scale up to 1 million users. I am not sure what kind
of
> > Database clustering strategy do I need for this kind of solution.

> > Any suggestions on this ?....

> > MK
> > SOFTQUEST Technologies, Inc..

1. Urgently Advise Required

Hello,

I am looking for case studies for storing about 2.5 million records in a SQL
server DB. Every record (precise design still to decide).contains about 100
attributes including one (blob) document (office docs, pdf's, txt's etc) and
one digital image.

We would like to use fulltext capabilitites on document blob. Is SQL server
capable (hardware is not an issue) of storing, indexing and accessing such
amounts of data? Any test/benchmarks available? Current database is BASIS
(opentext) Anyone any expeirence using DTS for transporting data from one to
another?

Because of current (advisory) deadline any help very much appreciated!

Regards,

2. Raw Column Data to Fields

3. Help required urgently

4. Servlet problem

5. Problems doing selects accross Linked Servers - Help Required Urgently

6. Job Opportunity..Sybase Programmer/Analyst

7. SQL-SERVER DEVELOPERS URGENTLY REQUIRED

8. help urgently required, please

9. Urgently advise required

10. Urgently required - plpgsql.so for postgres 6.4.2

11. I URGENTLY require a recursive database search routine