xp_logingrant failure - Unable to query SQL Server Security Information

xp_logingrant failure - Unable to query SQL Server Security Information

Post by Rob Mill » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I managed to clober my test machines sql security manager and recieved the
error message, "xp_logingrant failure - Unable to query SQL Server Security
Information".

Can anyone help?

xp_logingrant failure - Unable to query SQL Server Security Information

Post by Rob Mill » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I managed to clobber my test machines SQL security manager and now receive
the following error message when I try to grant new user privileges,
"xp_logingrant failure - Unable to query SQL Server Security Information".

xp_logingrant failure - Unable to query SQL Server Security Information

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Rob,

Two things to investigate:

1. Does SQL Server have access to the "NT User Account Database". (I'm
sorry, but NT security isn't my strong side. I assume that The MSSQLServer
service need this info, communicating to a PDC or BDC, I assume.)

2. Have you restricted registry permissions. HKLM.....MSSQLServer. This is
where the permission info is stored, so MSSQLServer need to be able to
access the key.

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

Quote:>I managed to clobber my test machines SQL security manager and now receive