Problem to configure Transactional Replication !!!

Problem to configure Transactional Replication !!!

Post by Tuan Nguye » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:47:05

Hi All,

I try to configure "Transaction Replication" so that subcribers can
update database. Please tell me how to configure it.

Thanks.
Tuan Nguyen

Problem to configure Transactional Replication !!!

Post by David » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:54:46

Hello ,

I am wondering if you are using SQL Server 2000 or using SQL Server 7.0. If
you are using SQL Server 2000, it is easy to configure transaction
replication with the subscriber allowed to change the database.

1) Run create publisher wizard
2) Select show advanced options option
3) Choose transaction replication
4) Select immediate update or queued update option to allow your subscriber
change the database.

As for SQL Server7.0, you should configure one bi-directional transaction
replication to accomplish your goal.

You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

Regards

David Wu

Problem to configure Transactional Replication !!!

Post by Tuan Nguye » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:10:42

thank you,
I have already done it. Have a  good day

Quote:> Hello ,

> I am wondering if you are using SQL Server 2000 or using SQL Server 7.0.
If
> you are using SQL Server 2000, it is easy to configure transaction
> replication with the subscriber allowed to change the database.

> 1) Run create publisher wizard
> 2) Select show advanced options option
> 3) Choose transaction replication
> 4) Select immediate update or queued update option to allow your
subscriber
> change the database.

> As for SQL Server7.0, you should configure one bi-directional transaction
> replication to accomplish your goal.

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
> All rights reserved.

> Regards

> David Wu

1. Error when configure "Transactional Replication"

Hi All,

I am trying to configure database server with paramters such as below
    Distributor/Publisher : user sa, database : test
    Subcriber : user : abc (dbowner), database : test1
I configure Publisher as Transactional and Queue Update
I configure "type Push Subscriber" to replicate 2 database
But it's OK to update data from Publisher to Subscriber and when
Updating occur in Subcriber it can' t update to Publisher and it has error
as message below :
    Server: SERVER, Database pmw : ODBC Error:Could not change the
    Publisher because the subscription has been dropped. Use
sp_subscription_cleanup to clean up the triggers.

2. High Water Mark Question

3. Transactional Replication and Execution Plan problems.

4. GetKeyboardState - need help...

5. PROBLEM WITH TRANSACTIONAL REPLICATION IN SQL2K

6. chimney sweep scheduled close

7. Problem with transactional replication

8. Remote Database Access through internet

9. Transactional replication and problem

10. Transactional replication problem

11. Very big problem with Transactional Replication PLS HELPPPP

12. Synchronization problem with transactional replication

13. Transactional replication problem