SNMP Agent

Post by George Zoll » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:16:43

I need to use the SQL Server SNMP Agent to monitor SQL Server across the
network. I have installed Windows 2000 Server SNMP agent and it is running
correctly.

When I look in the  help files for SQL Server 2000 it says that if the
Windows SNMP agent is running the SQL Server 2000 SNMP agent will be
enabled.

Unfortunately I enabled the Windows SNMP agent after I installed SQL Server.
Is there anyway to enable the SQL Server 2000 SNMP Agent after installing
SQL Server? I have checked and the two files that need to enabled have been
installed. They do not show up in the Windows Server services window.

Thanks in Advance ,

George

1. Setup SNMP Agent (snmp.ora)

--------------992DBE86BBE62C1BEDC3F171

Hi folks,

does anybody know how to properly setup the Oracle SNMP agent and/or can
supply an appropriate 'snmp.ora'?

Many thanx,
Martin

--------------992DBE86BBE62C1BEDC3F171

begin:          vcard
fn:             Martin HEIN
n:              HEIN;Martin
org:            max.mobil.
adr:            Kelsenstrasse 5-7;;;Vienna;Vienna;A-1030;Austria/Europe

title:          Internet/Intranet Analyst/Admin
tel;work:       +43-1-79585-337
tel;fax:        +43-1-79585-529
tel;home:       +43-676-3456-337
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------992DBE86BBE62C1BEDC3F171--

2. Database indexing

3. Informix SNMP agent with Netscape master and proxy agents

4. US-IL-Chicago Senior Programmer/Analyst with UNIX, C, and Informix experience. Would consider someone with Oracle instead of Informix experience. Asen Computer Associates, Inc.

5. sybase snmp agent

6. need an instant help, plz!

7. SNMP agents, Oracle, Solaris

8. SNMP agent for Sybase

9. Install SNMP agent on NT4+sp5 Compaq Proliant server

10. SNMP Agent for OAS on NT

11. Anybody using the SNMP agent?

12. HP NNM data collection on SQL SNMP agent