T SQL syntax - upgrading from ver 6.5 to 2000

T SQL syntax - upgrading from ver 6.5 to 2000

Post by micke.. » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I've heard that I have to rewrite much of the
stored procedures due to differences in the T-SQL
syntax if I choose to upgrade from ver 6.5 to
2000.

When we were concerning upgrading from 6.5 to 7.0
I was told there was no need to rewrite any sp's
(because of the compatibility level could be set
to 65)

Can somebody please explain if it's really
necessary to rewrite 300+ sp's...

TIA

/M. Sorensen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Triggers in SQL ver 6.5 and SQL ver 7.0

Hello,

I have a table called STUDENTS and STUDENTS_LOG.

I have created a TRIGGER on STUDENTS table that executes automatically when
I attempt to Insert or update the STUDENTS table.  The trigger adds a record
into STUDENTS_LOG using the INSERTED logical  table. This is to keep a
history of all modifications in the STUDENTS table.
------------------------------------
CREATE TRIGGER TRIG_STUDENT ON dbo.STUDENTS

FOR INSERT,UPDATE
AS

  INSERT INTO STUDENTS_LOG SELECT *  FROM INSERTED
-------------------------------------

STUDENTS table contains an IDENITY field.  I use a stored procedure to add a

other purposes.
STUDENTS_LOG table does not contain any IDENTITY fields

This operation worked fine with SQL ver 6.5

command in the TRIGGER

Why?

Thankyou for your time.

Gina Geurgis
The University of Queensland

2. Performance and Tuning

3. Q: Upgrade from SQL 6.5 to ver 7 or 8

4. Strange Calculation Result, pls Help..

5. SQL 6.5 Active/Passive upgrade to SQL 2000 A/P or A/A

6. UAE-WY-ORACLE DEVELOPER

7. Upgrading sql server 6.5 to sql server 2000

8. US-MA-ORACLE DEVELOPER

9. Upgrading SQL 6.5 -> SQL 2000

10. Question about upgraded SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000

11. Error 207 after upgrading SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000

12. upgrade from sql server 6.5 to sql 2000 non-default instance

13. Upgrading SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 process