Does SQL 2000 offer Server based Rules similar to the Rules Wizard

Does SQL 2000 offer Server based Rules similar to the Rules Wizard

Post by Matt Tortoric » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:15:52

We are having trouble keeping people from turning off the
Rules in Outlook and I have been researching SQL 2000 to
see if it has the capability to forward messages at the
Server level. I know SQL 2000 has policies and uses Active
Directory but it doesn't go into detail on what these are
capable of as far as my situation. If anybody could send
me any info on SQL 2000 I would appreciate it.
Thank You.

Does SQL 2000 offer Server based Rules similar to the Rules Wizard

Post by Brian Mora » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:23:09

I'm not really sure what your question is? Could you describe how Outlook
rules relate to SQL and what you're trying to do? Thanks!

--

Brian Moran
SQL Server MVP

I proudly support the PASS SQL Server user community and its upcoming user
event,  PASS 2001 North America.

For details, visit www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> We are having trouble keeping people from turning off the
> Rules in Outlook and I have been researching SQL 2000 to
> see if it has the capability to forward messages at the
> Server level. I know SQL 2000 has policies and uses Active
> Directory but it doesn't go into detail on what these are
> capable of as far as my situation. If anybody could send
> me any info on SQL 2000 I would appreciate it.
> Thank You.

Does SQL 2000 offer Server based Rules similar to the Rules Wizard

Post by Matt » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:01:22

Please ignore. Mixed the Programs this question is
relating to Exchange 2000 not SQL. Sorry

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We are having trouble keeping people from turning off the
>Rules in Outlook and I have been researching SQL 2000 to
>see if it has the capability to forward messages at the
>Server level. I know SQL 2000 has policies and uses
Active
>Directory but it doesn't go into detail on what these are
>capable of as far as my situation. If anybody could send
>me any info on SQL 2000 I would appreciate it.
>Thank You.
>.

Does SQL 2000 offer Server based Rules similar to the Rules Wizard

Post by Matt Tortoric » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:07:13

I'm sorry, I completely goofed, my question is on Exchange 2000. But the bottom line is that the company wants to forward all incoming and outgoing email from our engineering department to our Graphics Admin to enter all the work related information into the system using Auto-Manager Workflow. The only way we've found to do this so far has been through the Outlook Rules wizard. We are now running Exchange 5.5 and cannot find a way to forward email messages from the server level rather than the user level.

Thanks.

1. Adding rules-based system to SQL 2000

Hello,

  We're using SQL 2000 and have added to that various OLAP cubes.

Was wondering if there are 3rd-party products for adding more formalized
rules-based reasoning to our databases?  We of course use referential integrity
as well as have a variety of sql scripts that run in batch mode; detect certain
conditions; and log these to other tables.  But the complexity of all this is
reaching the point where I'm open to the idea of new formalisms and mechanisms.

  thanx.

  pat

2. US-Software Developers

3. Enforcing Business Rules in SQL Server 2000

4. Important!!!

5. cost based optimizer vs rule based optimizer

6. Access pass-through not getting records with multi-statement batch

7. Cost based vs rule based

8. Convert Access95 to Access2000 by programming

9. rule based or cost based?

10. Cost-Based or Rule-Based?

11. One Big Rule or Many Small Rules

12. Rules triggered by rules

13. why there is cost when I am running with RULE hint or optimizer_goal=RULE