Notification Services NotificationBatchSize

Notification Services NotificationBatchSize

Post by dvandeva » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:08:13

I am using Notification Services Enterprise Edition. I have the
NotificationBatchSize for a NotificationClass set to 150, but it
shoves all the notifications into the same batch.  Does anybody know
why this is.  DigestDelivery is on for the Notification, but the
manual says this is not an issue.  I need to be able to control the
number of notififications batched together.  Can anyone shed some
light on this.  Product is wonderful except for this one aspect.

1. Notification Services samples

First time round I tried to build one of the Notification
Services examples with Window authentication logon setup
to my SQL Server. As I am using a machine for the
Notification services which doesn't belong to the same
domain as my SQL server I switched my server to use SQL
server authentication because it didn't work.

Now that I am using SQL server authentication I enter the
command:
'setupsamples administrator password mysqlserver sqluser
sqluserpassword sa' which was successful. However when I
go to build one of the Notifications Services examples I
still get the same errors even though I get prompted for
my SQL user password:
e.g.

H:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Notification
Services\v2.0.2114.0
\Samples\Flight\AppDefinition\BuildScripts\GrantPermissions
.cmd(1,1): error 1: GrantPermissions.cmd failed. See
output window for error text.
Password:
1> 2> 3> 4> 5> 6> 7> 8> 9> 10> 11> 12> 13> 14> 15> 16> 17>
18> 19> 20> 21> 22> 23> 24> 25> 26> 27> 28> 29> 30> 31>
32> 33> 34> 35> 36> 37> 38> 39> 40> 41> 42> 43> 44> 45>
46> 47> 48> 49> 50> 51> 52> 53> 54> 55> Msg 15401, Level
11, State 1, Server MYSQLSERVER, Procedure sp_grantlogin,
Line 41
Windows NT user or group 'MYLOCALMACHINE\ASPNET' not
found. Check the name again.
Msg 15401, Level 11, State 1, Server MYSQLSERVER,
Procedure sp_grantdbaccess, Line 100
Windows NT user or group 'MYLOCALMACHINE\ASPNET' not
found. Check the name again.
Msg 15410, Level 11, State 1, Server MYSQLSERVER,
Procedure sp_addrolemember, Line 66
User or role 'MYLOCALMACHINE\ASPNET' does not exist in
this database.

Why isn't the example using the SQL authentication here?

2. UK-Cambridge Database Developers

3. Failover notification Microsoft Cluster Service

4. Finding the last inserted record in JDBC or JDBC2

5. Notification Services

6. record locking with access .mdb and VB5

7. MAINFRAME AND CLIENT SERVER DBA/PROGRAMERS WANTED!

8. Where are the Notification Services?

9. SQL SVR Notification Services

10. Using SQL Notification Services (SQLNS) to transfer data

11. looking for trivial Notification Services sample

12. Notification Services nscontrol unregister Problem