RE; Invalid character in server name

Post by Bil » Sun, 05 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Out of the millions of servers, worldwide . . . you would think Microsoft
would have provided a 'fix'. It can be a real pain to re-name a large
amount of servers on a large WAN. Not technically, but, user interface
wise . . . It's easy to see why people like to knock MS.

1. Invalid Character in Level Naming Template

I am getting an error when my Parent Child dimension's Level naming
template contains a hyphen (ie, "Level-One;Level-Two;Level *").

I noticed that the hyphen was not the only character not allowed, but
could not find a comprehensive list of unsupported characters.  Anyone
have such a list?

Anyone else find this limitation annoying?

2. Order by DESC problem

3. Login names with invalid characters

4. Help: Need FoxPro / Voice Response Integration.

5. SQL field names with invalid characters

6. SCT transfer from AP/Native to AP/DOS

7. Invalid character in user name

8. READ ONLY Access to Informix DB??

9. Field names with invalid characters

10. A name was started with an invalid character ???

11. invalid - invalid character error

12. Invalid Server Name?