Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing

Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing

Post by jb » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:59:30

Inside a table, I need to store text in RTF(Rich Text
Format) and take advantage of full text indexing. I would
like the search engine to use the "\" character as a
delimiter in the same manner as it uses the "."character.
For example, if you have a column that is using Full Text
Indexing in SQL Server 2000 and the string in said column
is "Rich Text.", when you do a search using the
string "Rich Text" you will get a hit for the EXACT word
search.  The search engine knows that the period is not
part of the last word.  Now, if I want to store the data
in RTF it looks something like this "\ul\b rich
text\ulnone\b0", if you search the field using the
string "Rich Text" you will NOT get a hit on the EXACT
phrase "rich text" unless you include the wild card "*" on
the end of the search string.  Finally my question.  Does
anybody know how to configure the search engine or full
text indexing so that the "\" character will be used the
same way as a white space or the "." character?

I appreciate any helpful responses.

JB

1. Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing

[...]

2. using err.raise method, as to generate app error

3. Free Interface for Desktop access to Tuxedo

4. HTTP access, permissions, ASP

5. setup sql server 2000 error in MS Full-Text Search Engine package

6. REQ: to Ian or Arun or any1 else.. ;->..

7. setup error in MS Full-Text Search Engine package failed

8. Need help with Full text search indexes in MS SQL 7.0

9. SQL 7.0 and Full Text Search Engine

10. full text search engine

11. Full-Text Search Engine (Native & Options)