Handeling Data while transforming data from a Source Text file to a Destination Database Table

Handeling Data while transforming data from a Source Text file to a Destination Database Table

Post by <bchand.. » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:58:00

Hello All,

I am Using SqlServer 2000 DTS package for transformation of data from a Text
file  to a table in the SQL server.
The data, in the text file is separated by fixed length Commas.

Questions

1.  My Source data in the Text File consists of a numbers like (999.99).  So
while transformation of data,it has to input with   Null into the
Destination Database table. How to do this.

2. Is there any restrictions in maximum number of columns of data to be read
from the text file.

Thanks

balachandran

1. Transform Data Task not using default value in destination column

Trying to get the default value to fire for the destination column in
the database.  I see where fast load uses Keep Nulls.. If I check or
leave it unchecked it does not seem to care.  I see where Keep Nulls
is for bulk insert and the default is false.

What am I missing.  Since I am doing a row transformation shouldn't
the default value fire when I insert into that row?  It is possible
for transform data task to take advantage of using default value in
the destination database column??

Thanks in Advance...

2. Coursework Help

3. transforming data that contains null to a text file

4. Titan Access/Infopower

5. Transform Data Task - from Text File to SQL Server, Beginner Question

6. job schedule

7. SP3 & Transform Data Task to Text File

8. Best I-net/ODBC to use on Windows 3.11?

9. Transform Data From 2 Text Files

10. Creating a DTS Package: Data from table transform it into a text file

11. Renaming the text file name as either a source or destination in DTS

12. Adding Multiple Rows while Transforming from Source to Destination