Having multiple users manage a single job (WITHOUT SA)

Having multiple users manage a single job (WITHOUT SA)

Post by David Ples » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:09:22

I have had to change the owner of a package by running the
undocumented stored procedure:
sp_reassign_dtspackageowner.

Now I need to have multiple people to be able to run,
edit, or even own a job.  When I click the down error on
the owner option in Enterprise Manager I do not see a
Windows group available.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

P.S. - I do not want to have many people to be setup
as 'sa'.

Thanks,

David Pless

Having multiple users manage a single job (WITHOUT SA)

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:13:50

David,

I've heard of people having some success using the TargetServersRole role. Note that this was
designed for something else, and you are on your own. There's nothing in SQL Server designed to
do what you want.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I have had to change the owner of a package by running the
> undocumented stored procedure:
> sp_reassign_dtspackageowner.

> Now I need to have multiple people to be able to run,
> edit, or even own a job.  When I click the down error on
> the owner option in Enterprise Manager I do not see a
> Windows group available.

> What is the best way to accomplish this?

> P.S. - I do not want to have many people to be setup
> as 'sa'.

> Thanks,

> David Pless

1. Accessing DTS job listing without having execute priviledge

Hi,

How can we see all available DTS job of production box, without having
the permission to execute them, using Enterprise Manager. We have a
sql server 7 containing few DTS jobs, and we have to go to sa each
time if we need to see the job history etc. So looking for a way so
that sa can grant some permission and we can see all available jobs in
the enterprise manager client.

thanks in advance!

2. Pdox 4.0 App Printing Problem

3. Can I add users without using sa login?

4. 1

5. Create new logins/users via odbc without logging in as sa

6. conversion in inserting XML data

7. sa user without a password ???

8. Using Stored procedures

9. adding users without the 'sa' account

10. sa without sa privileges???

11. When Single User Mode is not Single User Mode

12. DB Design - multiple users having same tables.