Steps into jobs in SQL Server 7

Post by Vic » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi all:

What kind of users can add new steps into a job?

I need that a simple SQL Server user (without any server roles) can
create a new job, but when the user adds a new step SQL Server raise the
next error message (translated into English):

"Error 229: EXECUTE permission denied for object
'sp_enum_sqlagent_subsystems', database 'msdb', owner 'dbo' "

It's difficult to understand SQL Server lets create a new job by a
simple user but then it doesn't let 'cos the user hasn't enough
privileges.

Can someone help me? Thanks for all.

1. DTS job step 1, other jobs step 2, 3

I have a DTS job that I have setup to run in Step 1 of a sql scheduled task.
I have other jobs, DTS, sp and such following.  Within the DTS job in step
1, I have an activex script to fail if I get a certain result - Main =
DTSTaskExecResult_Failure.  So, what I want, to have Step 1 go to failed and
not run the other steps.  Possible?

Thanks,
Richard

2. filemaker pro

3. sql 7.0 error 213, insert error, sql server agent, editting job step

4. Query optimization

5. Call ASP page from a SQL Server Job Step

6. Reports Available From The Distributed Object Computing Department

7. SQl Server Job step error

8. NEWBIE with an SQL and MS Acess question

9. Problem with an ActiveX script as a job step in SQL Server Agent

10. Error from job/step run in SQL Server 7

11. SQL Server Agent CmdExec job step fails with Permission Denied

12. can't use environment variables in command for cmdexec job steps (sql server 7.0)

13. Decompress file on Novell Server to W2K Server from Job Step